Covid-19 test 72 hours before

2 hours ago, gavlar said:

With Medicspot I did the Covid RT PCR test ...got at one of their many pharmacy outlets £149. They dont really advertise on their website for a separate FTF but if you email them you simply book an online doctors appt at one of their pharmacy outlets  (£49) , which have laptop and digital diagnostics for temp , lung capacity stethoscope and oximeter. I emailed the doctor during the appt with example wording reqd and for an additional £49 he sent a general FTF certificate 2 hrs later.

Not cheap but really good service.

A good tip,Their website looks really good and as there’s a pharmacy only 8 miles from me so that seems favorite. Do you really need a separate appointment to get a separate fit to fly certificate, and does not check in accept the combined Covid/FTF certificate which Medicspot seems to include for £149,or can they issue separate documents based on the one test for that price.? 
Edit :

Sorry, I just spotted your earlier post which indicates it has to be 2 separate documents,so presumably you have to pay the £49 extra for that ?

2 hours ago, gavlar said:

With Medicspot I did the Covid RT PCR test ...got at one of their many pharmacy outlets £149. They dont really advertise on their website for a separate FTF but if you email them you simply book an online doctors appt at one of their pharmacy outlets  (£49) , which have laptop and digital diagnostics for temp , lung capacity stethoscope and oximeter. I emailed the doctor during the appt with example wording reqd and for an additional £49 he sent a general FTF certificate 2 hrs later.

Not cheap but really good service.

Yeah they seem the easiest option for me as only 8km to clinic and next day results. Thanks ????????

On 11/19/2020 at 7:36 PM, damascase said:

I asked today what time/date there would be in a Covid-certificate, sampling time or lab test time. The reply was that there would only be the sampling time. I’m glad I asked, as I had to re-schedule the sampling to get within the 72h.

I checked with a different test organization, and the time and date on their certificate would be date/time at which the certificate was generated. That would give me some extra space........

2 hours ago, damascase said:

I checked with a different test organization, and the time and date on their certificate would be date/time at which the certificate was generated. That would give me some extra space........

Yes I have been advised that on the CV19 Test Certificate, there is TEST DATE and RESULT DATE, which there should be when many have to wait for their RESULT and the 72 hour issue...... 

4 hours ago, OneEyedJack said:

I'm flying Toronto-Doha-BKK.  Is the 72 hrs window from Toronto or Doha departure time?

Its from Toronto, if your test RESULT date more than 72 hrs, the airline won't let you board at Toronto,  try to get your test RESULT the same day as Toronto departure if possible, thats my plan from Vancouver anyway.....  damn stressy for sure ! 

12 hours ago, nchuckle said:

A good tip,Their website looks really good and as there’s a pharmacy only 8 miles from me so that seems favorite. Do you really need a separate appointment to get a separate fit to fly certificate, and does not check in accept the combined Covid/FTF certificate which Medicspot seems to include for £149,or can they issue separate documents based on the one test for that price.? 
Edit :

Sorry, I just spotted your earlier post which indicates it has to be 2 separate documents,so presumably you have to pay the £49 extra for that ?

They charge £49 for doctors appointment and a further £49 for actual certificate....total 149 for Covid test certificate and £98 for separate FTF certificate.  Not cheap but it works and absolutely crucial to finishing the already laborious process...good luck.

I phoned today the RTE in Rome, and they said to me :

- If the certificate only reports the date of issue, this is the reference time that has not to be more than 72 hours before the departure.

- If the certificates reports the time of the swab, this must be the reference time no more than 72 hours before

Here we are quite practical........????

On 11/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, treetops said:

Oh I understand the logic in what you say, but the sources I mentioned, and ubonjoe has quoted, are clearly at odds with what would make more sense.

You are absolutely correct but when dealing with Thailand or Thai authorities do not expect anything to make sense. Stop asking 'why' about all things Thai or your head will eventually explode.

Have my COE from Los Angeles USA embassy.  Make plan to get rt-pcr test.   Result from ordinary testing sites are already beyond 72 hours.  So there is no way to have both the issue date(focus thai rule) and the sample date (focus airlines and some asq hotels) fall within the 72 hour window using local sites.  One of the popular test sites here in Reno, told me that results at this time are about one week.   In addition, most of these sites do not say what type of test they will do.  And you have no way of knowing what results will look like.  Will they present the sample date or the issue date?  Some large airports America have test sites in or nearby, that are tailored to travel.  They promise somewhat faster results, and in addition to online result, you may be able to have them provide a medical certificate.   If they do not provide certificate, then ask doctor you see for fit to fly certificate to fill out medical certificate as well.   Looking toward my flight on 12-23/24, it is foolish to think that local test sites and the labs they send samples to will be able to process your test in 72 hours.   With the holidays and colder weather will come a flood of cases.   Hate to risk catch virus fly round trip to test site (in my case Seattle), but see no other viable option.   If wait, hope for local fast and sure local test site to appear,  appointments at SEA will fill up.  If someone knows of a fast and sure focus on travel test site that I can drive to from Reno, to avoid exposure to virus, Sacramento or Sanfrancisco area, Please let me know.  If you see a flaw in my logic here please let me know.

Archived