Covid Insurance to enter Thailand.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It for some unknown reason does not appear on the list now along with others that are allowed. They recently redid their site  and dropped off several that are allowed now.

Perhaps call or fax them at the numbers shown on the site.

Good idea. It's menioned all over the net just not on the site!

On 11/23/2020 at 4:27 AM, talfarlow said:

Good idea. It's menioned all over the net just not on the site!

Under "status", in TGIA Covid insurance, I don't see an option for a non-imm O  visa either.

Did you get some clue ?

I wrote them two days ago but no answer, probably I'll put "travel under special arrangement", hope it will work....

26 minutes ago, federicoP said:

Under "status", in TGIA Covid insurance, I don't see an option for a non-imm O  visa either.

I wrote them two days ago but no answer

Does anyone have a working email address for them?

I had to cancel my trip and the insurance; however, I have not been able to get a reply from them. The email address they use in the policy is not working because it has a & in it (A&[email protected]). I tried [email protected] on November 5th but haven't heard back from them.

17 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Does anyone have a working email address for them?

I had to cancel my trip and the insurance; however, I have not been able to get a reply from them. The email address they use in the policy is not working because it has a & in it (A&[email protected]). I tried [email protected] on November 5th but haven't heard back from them.

I have filled this form : https://www.tgia.org/contact-EN

But, as I said, not yet answered.....

7 minutes ago, federicoP said:

I have filled this form : https://www.tgia.org/contact-EN

I think I used that one too; however, I needed some kind of documentation that I had contacted them in time for the cancellation; thus, I sent an email as well.

Anyone try any health insurance companies for Special Tourist Visa applicants? Just curious if any policy has looked ok and is affordable?

I'm also assuming that any airline that will get you there is fine.

It would be nice if over time we could create a step by step pinned post for the overall procedure.

I've been to Thailand a number of times but the process now still seems vague to me. Over and out for tonight. Cheers everyone.

3 minutes ago, talfarlow said:

Anyone try any health insurance companies for Special Tourist Visa applicants? Just curious if any policy has looked ok and is affordable?

I'm also assuming that any airline that will get you there is fine.

It would be nice if over time we could create a step by step pinned post for the overall procedure.

I've been to Thailand a number of times but the process now still seems vague to me. Over and out for tonight. Cheers everyone.

Forget STV. It was always wet dream designed for Chinese and for obvious reasons has not been popular. Red herring nonsense.

Over and out. 

2 hours ago, talfarlow said:

There are other threads about the health insurance. The cheapest policy is the one from LMG Insurance; however, you should not rely on that one as a real insurance; use it for the visa and then be sure to have a better policy from one of the usual travel insurance companies. The price for the LMG policy is age dependant, from 4.000 baht between 41-50 years old and up to 17.000 baht if over 75 years old. These prices are for the policy with a deduction of 200.000 baht.

If you want to stay less than 90 days, then go for the Tourist Visa.

6 hours ago, farang51 said:

If you want to stay less than 90 days, then go for the Tourist Visa.

When entering on a 60-day Tourist Visa, you can extend that Tourist Visa for 30 days at any local IO.

But you also have the option when having entered Thailand on that 60-day Tourist Visa to apply for the change of Visa process (when you meet the 'retirement criteria - +50 years of age, or when you meet the family criteria, i.e. married to a Thai national or with thai dependent children).  This  allows you to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the IO of the province where you want to reside long-term in Thailand.  And subsequently you can apply for 1-year extensions of stay based on that Non Imm O Visa.

>> Please note that the change of Visa process is ONLY applicable for those having entered Thailand on a regular TouristVisa or VisaExempt. 

The 60-day TouristVisa currently available for anybody irrespective of age/nationality is not to be confused with the STV.  That STV (special Tourist Visa) is a different type Visa (only available in countries deemed low-risk for covid) and only allows 2 extensions of 90 days after which you need to leave the country.

Just now, Peter Denis said:

When entering on a 60-day Tourist Visa, you can extend that Tourist Visa for 30 days at any local IO.

But you also have the option when having entered Thailand on that 60-day Tourist Visa to apply for the change of Visa process (when you meet the 'retirement criteria - +50 years of age, or when you meet the family criteria, i.e. married to a Thai national or with thai dependent children).  This  allows you to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the IO of the province where you want to reside long-term in Thailand.  And subsequently you can apply for 1-year extensions of stay based on that Non Imm O Visa.

>> Please note that the change of Visa process is ONLY applicable for those having entered Thailand on a regular TouristVisa or VisaExempt. 

The 60-day TouristVisa currently available for anybody irrespective of age/nationality is not to be confused with the STV.  That STV (special Tourist Visa) is a different type Visa (only available in countries deemed low-risk for covid) and only allows 2 extensions of 90 days after which you need to leave the country.

I''ve always been happy to go to Thailand but I'm going in many ways this time for health care concerns. I don't know about more complex medical situations and carrying a better insurance policy. Just not familiar with it as I've had health insurance through my job here and haven't thought about it beyond the border. Having said that, I'd like to enter with the longest possibility without getting into the 800,000 baht level of transferring funds etc..

Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, talfarlow said:

I''ve always been happy to go to Thailand but I'm going in many ways this time for health care concerns. I don't know about more complex medical situations and carrying a better insurance policy. Just not familiar with it as I've had health insurance through my job here and haven't thought about it beyond the border. Having said that, I'd like to enter with the longest possibility without getting into the 800,000 baht level of transferring funds etc..

Hi, I did PM you a comprehensive Guideline document on options for staying long-term in Thailand for +50 years.

The document also contains an attachment on how to meet the health-insurance requirement when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country.

That Visa is probably your best option considering that you do not want to be bothered by financial requirements once you enter Thailand.  The Non Imm O-A Visa can provide you with almost 2 years of IO-hassle free stay in Thailand with NO need to apply for extensions at your IO during that period, and NO need to park/transfer funds to a Thai personal bank-account.

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Just now, Peter Denis said:

Hi, I did PM you a comprehensive Guideline document on options for staying long-term in Thailand for +50 years.

The document also contains an attachment on how to meet the health-insurance requirement when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country.

That Visa is probably your best option considering that you do not want to be bothered by financial requirements once you enter Thailand.  The Non Imm O-A Visa can provide you with almost 2 years of IO-hassle free stay in Thailand with NO need to apply for extensions at your IO during that period, and NO need to park/transfer funds to a Thai personal bank-account.

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Amazing Peter,

Thank you so much. I'll look it over for sure!

3 hours ago, jednakropka said:

Actually I do not see option for Single Entry Visa there, just STV.

Not sure if I can choose that. I would not like to find out later that my insurance was not valid because of that.

That was an error I corrected a few post down from the one you quoted.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

Ooops got the sites mixed up. Was looking at the certificate of entry site.

The insurance site is broken. I wonder if it really matter what you select on that site.

I think the status selection is only to keep you from buying the insurance if you do not qualify for a COE.

Archived