EU leaders deadlocked over recovery plan after Hungary, Poland veto

webfact

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It might surprise you, but yes, clubs sometimes change. 

It may surprise you but not one golf club I've ever been a member of has ever changed it to another sport. It is not so much of a change than a complete metamorphosis, it has changed from Gleneagles into something resembling Frankenstein.

9 hours ago, transam said:

Tell me how you know the UK is a sinking ship..?

It’s been sinking ever since they declared war on Germany in 1939. The UK is a mere shadow of its former self. Lots of companies will relocate to EU countries to stay competitive, which will result in heavy tax losses for the UK and quite a bit of an unemployment financial burden. 50 major banks are already preparing to relocate to Frankfurt which will result in a loss of 800 billion Euro for the UK as well. Life will become more expensive in an already expensive country and we all know what happens when people aren’t happy in the UK. There will be lots of thrown in shop windows, burning cars and battles with the cops. Scotland might split off. So....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And who decides the criteria for what constitutes an acceptable democracy? You? The non elected EU appointed bureaucrats? Or the democratically elected governments of a sovereign nation representing the wishes of the people who elected them?

Maybe change the name to the European Union of Democratic Nations? Should fit right in with others who like to add the word democratic in their title.

These criteria are not particularly extravagant and are overwhelmingly recognised, I.e. in UK. You know, such as freedom of the Media or independence of the Judiciary.....

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

He has no choice Luke, the member knows that if he doesn't agree to the nasty golf clubs rules they will object to the planning permission, but little do they know that he has an ace up is sleeve.

So what 'planning permission' does the UK need and how can the EU object, let alone block, it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Unfortunately your personal experience with clubs is as irrelevant as the fact that I’ve never seen a mole rat. 

There was just one time when I was teeing off on the 12th at Turnberry and I was hit on the back of the head with a rugby ball. 

Which still doesn't alter the fact that for 4 years you have been preaching to us that the EU is democratic and needs all 27 nations to vote something through, now it seems only Germany and France will do.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Yes, I’ve been educating you. 

Do you actually read a topic before making a fool of yourself? Two countries have vetoed the budget. Even the headline says it:

EU leaders deadlocked over recovery plan after Hungary, Poland veto

No point in voting if you don't vote the way they want you to. 

France has said "Paris has signalled the EU might move ahead with the recovery fund without Poland and Hungary under an EU "enhanced cooperation" law that allows a group of at least nine countries to pursue a joint project if others object."

So basically not all 27 nations are listened to when voting, only the ones that vote the right way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

No point in voting if you don't vote the way they want you to. 

France has said "Paris has signalled the EU might move ahead with the recovery fund without Poland and Hungary under an EU "enhanced cooperation" law that allows a group of at least nine countries to pursue a joint project if others object."

So basically not all 27 nations are listened to when voting, only the ones that vote the right way.

Imagine, Scotland and NI would have ugly extremistic leaders. Would you in London crawl under the carpet and give them the part of GB's yearly budget... only for the reason that they are members of GB? And on the top of this, BOTH countries would NOT agree to change their extremism?

Would you then crawl under the carpet and hand out the tax payers money of GB? Without any elementary demands? Everybody with a common sense would tell you: they want our money and have the guts to stop our budget, although they are recveivers. And they would laugh about your

[quote]No point in voting if you don't vote the way they want you to.[/quote]

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Heres a clue Trans. Even after independence the Scots will still be British. I know you like to equate British with English but thats factually wrong.

Enjoy your trip to the pub and have a good evening. Try not to bore the pants off everyone with your Brexit sermons. ????

More assumptions from the losing side.....????

13 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

It’s been sinking ever since they declared war on Germany in 1939. The UK is a mere shadow of its former self. Lots of companies will relocate to EU countries to stay competitive, which will result in heavy tax losses for the UK and quite a bit of an unemployment financial burden. 50 major banks are already preparing to relocate to Frankfurt which will result in a loss of 800 billion Euro for the UK as well. Life will become more expensive in an already expensive country and we all know what happens when people aren’t happy in the UK. There will be lots of thrown in shop windows, burning cars and battles with the cops. Scotland might split off. So....

The UK declared war with Germany to protect freedom, our country is like that ....FREEDOM from tyranny and MURDER....The rest of your post is......

Inside-The-Crystal-Ball.jpg.5b47c2742a31922090ef5e97666b67e4.jpg

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

1)

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is in your book an "anti-British Brit!'

2) @Rookiescot is hiding that he's a Scottish nationalist (note small 'n'?! So you must think his avatar and all his posts in favour of Scottish independence are some form of cunning plan worthy of Baldrick!

1) More assumptions and twisting from the losing side.

2) Spell/grammar checking is used by a losing side, plus, an avatar means nothing, just like yours. Raise your game chap.....????

11 hours ago, puck2 said:

Transam, enjoy the schadenfreude. Imagine, we in the EU would "enjoy" it when "Great" Britain will be reduced to Little England some years after Brexit. Then EU TV-members will remember you:  some Brexiteers posting here....? "

The extremist leaders  in Poland and Hungary abuse the EU-rules that the 7-years EU-budget needs unanimity, although they drink the milk given by the EU.

Maybe, better probably,  they will miss some EU "milk" after the attempted extortion. Packed in the 7-years budget is the Covid recovery fund, too. Poland and Hungary again are receivers!

There ya go, a 100% anti-British post, and you forget your Little England came to your rescue, or are you from the Axis mob.......?

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its an assumption that after independence Scots would still be Brits? 

Eeeeeeer, my pub ........????

The British Isles are exactly that, and all who sail in her....????

PS. I did read that your glorious SNP are in a bit of trouble this morning, I didn't think the SNP would do anything underhanded, would you...????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Eeeeeeer, my pub ........????

The British Isles are exactly that, and all who sail in her....????

PS. I did read that your glorious SNP are in a bit of trouble this morning, I didn't think the SNP would do anything underhanded, would you...????

Politicians mate. They all do underhand stuff. 

• Like 1