EU leaders deadlocked over recovery plan after Hungary, Poland veto

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

But due to covid many of the local business have closed and he thinks that more people will have some extra time on their hands and Rushi Sunak may pay for them all to play golf.

British humour I assume. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see member states standing up to the EU at last.   Bad timing for the EU but using the threat of withholding money to dictate policy and legislation in member states was never going

Hungary no longer qualifies to be called a democracy. Poland is well on the way. Better to toss them both out and enjoy an unsubsidized existence if they don't want to conform to EU rules.

Is this the beginning of the end for the grand experiment? One hopes it is.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It might surprise you, but yes, clubs sometimes change. 

It may surprise you but not one golf club I've ever been a member of has ever changed it to another sport. It is not so much of a change than a complete metamorphosis, it has changed from Gleneagles into something resembling Frankenstein.

9 hours ago, transam said:

Tell me how you know the UK is a sinking ship..?

It’s been sinking ever since they declared war on Germany in 1939. The UK is a mere shadow of its former self. Lots of companies will relocate to EU countries to stay competitive, which will result in heavy tax losses for the UK and quite a bit of an unemployment financial burden. 50 major banks are already preparing to relocate to Frankfurt which will result in a loss of 800 billion Euro for the UK as well. Life will become more expensive in an already expensive country and we all know what happens when people aren’t happy in the UK. There will be lots of thrown in shop windows, burning cars and battles with the cops. Scotland might split off. So....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And who decides the criteria for what constitutes an acceptable democracy? You? The non elected EU appointed bureaucrats? Or the democratically elected governments of a sovereign nation representing the wishes of the people who elected them?

Maybe change the name to the European Union of Democratic Nations? Should fit right in with others who like to add the word democratic in their title.

These criteria are not particularly extravagant and are overwhelmingly recognised, I.e. in UK. You know, such as freedom of the Media or independence of the Judiciary.....

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, vogie said:

He has no choice Luke, the member knows that if he doesn't agree to the nasty golf clubs rules they will object to the planning permission, but little do they know that he has an ace up is sleeve.

So what 'planning permission' does the UK need and how can the EU object, let alone block, it?

• Like 2

i dont think subsidies should be thrown around,

some nations act more irresponsible then others.

sweden didnt shut down their economy so they wont

be needing any handouts, others did and will be wanting handouts from sweden

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Unfortunately your personal experience with clubs is as irrelevant as the fact that I’ve never seen a mole rat. 

There was just one time when I was teeing off on the 12th at Turnberry and I was hit on the back of the head with a rugby ball. 

Which still doesn't alter the fact that for 4 years you have been preaching to us that the EU is democratic and needs all 27 nations to vote something through, now it seems only Germany and France will do.

• Haha 1