Special Tourist Visa: 681 foreign tourists to visit Thailand in November

webfact

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

So 700 out of 3 million usual tourists is a cause for celebration? 

That's only 0.02 percent , not even 1 percent.

.02 percent is a ludicrous number.  .2 percent would be too.  2 percent - that too. 

Just an pathetic ridiculous story book replete with ludicrous photos that aren't real.  

I mean really, who is buying this?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robin said:

681.  Great!  That is 23 per day.  hardly enough to form a decent line at Swampy Immigration.  

How many of THAI's jets will be needed to transport all of these?

god news for the ripoff taxi drivers.....they will be able to scam all these lovely tourists and their bags/suitcases !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And that rather pathetic number shows the extreme lack of interest in the program. 

Until Thailand can figure out a program that does NOT require quarantine, Thailand will flounder, and miss out on the trillions of baht a year it brought in, and the millions of people the industry employed. 

The longer they remain shut down, the deeper the forgetfulness of Thailand will be. The longer they remain closed, the fewer will return, once they re-open. 

I predict no more than 5 million arrivals, five years from now. Maybe 15 million, by 2030. Maybe. 

they're delaying/rejecting people who are prepared to go through quarantine, which makes it even worse

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Moon6966 said:

Consider the hard line of the government to what tourists need to go through to get to Thailand it's hardly surprising... 

If they dropped those demands 

I bet they would start counting by the millions... 

I would have personally have been there already if not for the restrictions 

Drop the querntine a those other difficulties a the tourist will coming no problems 

Maybe you have not yet heard of Covid19 in this world? 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Blimey,  where will they all stay?

I hear that there is a guest that maybe will become vacant sometime soon, I also hear it has really good security 

Boom boom          brianthainess                                      .

681 Tourists. Really?  This excites you?!  That’s 2-3 planes for the entire month of November. BKK normally sees more than 200-300 planes arriving daily.   So the analogy is a handful of sand as compared to the entire pattaya beach. 
No wonder why the protesters want a regime change. The group in charge just doesn’t get it.... or flunked math 101 !

Time to move the old out and in with the new. Young people who have new ideas, new ways, time for a new pitcher in the game. You guys struck out!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Until Thailand can figure out a program that does NOT require quarantine, Thailand will flounder, and miss out on the trillions of baht a year it brought in, and the millions of people the industry employed. 

No quarantine and no COE as well, and the right to choose whatever airline we want, no covid-19 insurance if vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Two million employees in the tourist industry catering to less than 700 tourists - that's what I call holidaying in style!

On a more serious note, the STV is a complete failure.

and what about the 1 million who finds employment in the "rent a girlfriend scheme".

15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The governor said that the TAT, THAi airways and hotels associations had been working on what he called the "Amazing Thailand Plus Special Package".

Sounds truly “Amazing”. Where do I sign up for some jail time. 

Funny. It is like one arm of government sets up the roadblocks and then another arm spends a bunch of money and time to lower the impact. I guess nobody thought of the fact that these measures were going to put people off.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How many are actual tourist? One of them in quarantine is a friend of mine he live here

Exactly, probably most of the 681 live here or have family here and we're locked out of the Country when the borders closed.... and if the above is not the case, don't think the 681 tourists will save the Thai economy... 

• Like 1