Pattaya: High Speed Rail taking shape - nearly one billion baht compensation sums discussed

webfact

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Don't worry, it will be perfectly safe, the technology is Chinese :whistling:

If they build it the way they do in China, no problem, huge concrete "I" beams under the entire length, no subsidence, 350 Klms per hr and steady as a rock. 

I wonder what gauge they will choose? 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

The last and only accident, due to signalling.

My link was a reply to a poster praising the construction quality as it showed the collapse of a line and not so much about the accident which preceded it...........

Part of a high-speed railway line due to open in May between the Yangtze river cities of Wuhan and Yichang has collapsed after heavy rain, according to reports.

and 

Engineers working on some projects have complained of problems with contractors using inferior concrete or inadequate steel support bars. A report last week by the state-run magazine Time Weekly reported allegations that builders on another section of the same Wuhan-Yichang line may have compromised safety by substituting soil for rocks in the railway bed.

I also said it was 8 years ago 

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Exactly what they used to say about the BTS, used to sit around Soi 7 beer bar in the late 90s , all the usual experts telling you how it couldn't be done --and then when it was, telling you how no one would use it. Last time I was in BKK had a job to even get on it --so packed out.

Yep lets all have a good laugh at the Thai's maybe one day British rail might catch up with them.

The Eurostar (partly British built) has been going regularly since 1994 at 300kph.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The Eurostar (partly British built) has been going regularly since 1994 at 300kph.

Lets talk about the completely British projects (not ones that they were helped out with)---So how is that Hi speed rail to Birmingham...................:w00t:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Lets talk about the completely British projects (not ones that they were helped out with)---So how is that Hi speed rail to Birmingham...................:w00t:

Its doing about as well as the high speed links in Thailand. Lots of people who happened to buy tracts of land along the route have made plenty of money (mission accomplished) courtesy of the UK taxpayer and whether the project gets completed is still in the lap of those who have no interest in trains.

The consortia building the first section are: SCS Railways (Skanska Construction UK - a Swedish company, Costain and STRABAG AG - a German company), so its not a completely British project anyway.

https://www.transportxtra.com/publications/local-transport-today/news/65163/get-building-hs2-contractors-told/

2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The consortia building the first section are: SCS Railways (Skanska Construction UK - a Swedish company, Costain and STRABAG AG - a German company), so its not a completely British project anyway.

So its going to be built by the Germans & the Swedes-------Brilliant.

I wonder if the Bookmakers would take a small wager on who would finish first.....BKK-.Pattaya/Rayong...Vs ...London/ Birmingham.

• Like 2

I hope it's all elevated.  A fence won't stop the locals from crossing the tracks (hell, they might well sell the fence!) and if they can regularly misjudge the speed of "normal" trains enough to have accidents, the thought of what a noodle cart on these tracks could do is frightening.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

nearly one billion baht compensation sums discussed

This compensation will be paid completely by the taxpayer, of course! Also the overpriced interest rates for the loans from China to build the rail, naturally!

All the profits later, however, will be the pocketed by the operator Charoen Pokphand and it's owners, who are together with a handful other families the "owners" of the country. As usual in Thailand, you can trust that they neither carry any risks nor any losses from the project. For them, it's like printing money.

The project is a win-win-win for the army generals in the government (they gain more wealth and watches), for the operator CP (they get all the profits later), and for China, which makes money from the interest rate and moreover makes the Thai people vassals by the huge debts accumulated by their corrupt government.

That's Thailand in the 21 century.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

It is 220 kilometers long and the top speed of trains will be 250 kmph.

With 10 stations along the route..[ if averaged out is 22 miles between stations]  I'm guessing with the acceleration out of and braking at each station the top speed will hardly ever be reached.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

With 10 stations along the route..[ if averaged out is 22 miles between stations]  I'm guessing with the acceleration out of and braking at each station the top speed will hardly ever be reached.

will it stop at all stations....or just "fly" through.....???

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

will it stop at all stations....or just "fly" through.....???

I guess it will be the same as most other countries---different times of the day etc. I used to take a workers train to London, only stopped at 4 of the 12 stations, different times  of the day it would service them all . When it gets into Pattaya it will connect with the Monorail that they are starting to build.

Red Line

Dolphin circle (Patthaya Nuea)
Thub Phraya intersection
Chom Thian
Eastern Region National Stadium

Purple Line

Thub Phraya intersection
Nong Prue

Yellow Line

Sri Racha
Pattaya
U-Tapao.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

remember, this is just a media release, so sure, the top speed of the specific train model being purchased may be 250 kmh, but nobody said the trains would operate at that speed.

just for comparison,  the high-speed rail in hainan hits 250-ish on the straight runs, but on those long runs through sanya and haikou cities, it drops to 80 kmh.

IMG_7348.JPG.87e709986b46ba6c59db6bb091115edd.JPG

Edited by ChouDoufu

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

remember, this is just a media release, so sure, the top speed of the specific train model being purchased may be 250 kmh, but nobody said the trains would operate at that speed.

I agree, but the impression given is that this is the operating speed, which calculates the departure/arrival times and final destination estimates.

16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I agree, but the impression given is that this is the operating speed, which calculates the departure/arrival times and final destination estimates.

it's all going to depend on where the line is placed.  out in the empty countryside, up to 250 kmh, but in populated areas max speed would be around 80 kmh.

we've got one spot on our line here with stops about 15 km apart between one small city and a very small town.  takes about 7 minutes between stops, hitting 200 kmh (for a few seconds) zooming over the rice fields and betelnut plantations.

68750402_Picture195.jpg.d96cf230c8a16df579f9be259e20202b.jpg

Edited by ChouDoufu

11 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

we've got one spot on our line here with stops about 15 km apart between one small city and a very small town.  takes about 7 minutes between stops, hitting 200 kmh (for a few seconds) zooming over the rice fields and betelnut plantations

Shame they didn't paint it green ^^