Jump to content

Pattaya: High Speed Rail taking shape - nearly one billion baht compensation sums discussed


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't worry, it will be perfectly safe, the technology is Chinese

Exactly what they used to say about the BTS, used to sit around Soi 7 beer bar in the late 90s , all the usual experts telling you how it couldn't be done --and then when it was, telling you how no on

Jesus ,they already have way too many accidents with the current trains travelling at 50 kmph.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

 

Don't worry, it will be perfectly safe, the technology is Chinese :whistling:

If they build it the way they do in China, no problem, huge concrete "I" beams under the entire length, no subsidence, 350 Klms per hr and steady as a rock. 

I wonder what gauge they will choose? 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rosst said:

I wonder what gauge they will choose? 

 

Standard gauge 4' 81/2" - 1,435mm, same as the ARL with whom it will share the alignment from Swampy in to town.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

The last and only accident, due to signalling.

My link was a reply to a poster praising the construction quality as it showed the collapse of a line and not so much about the accident which preceded it...........

Quote

Part of a high-speed railway line due to open in May between the Yangtze river cities of Wuhan and Yichang has collapsed after heavy rain, according to reports.

and 

Quote

Engineers working on some projects have complained of problems with contractors using inferior concrete or inadequate steel support bars. A report last week by the state-run magazine Time Weekly reported allegations that builders on another section of the same Wuhan-Yichang line may have compromised safety by substituting soil for rocks in the railway bed.

I also said it was 8 years ago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Exactly what they used to say about the BTS, used to sit around Soi 7 beer bar in the late 90s , all the usual experts telling you how it couldn't be done --and then when it was, telling you how no one would use it. Last time I was in BKK had a job to even get on it --so packed out.

 

Yep lets all have a good laugh at the Thai's maybe one day British rail might catch up with them.

The Eurostar (partly British built) has been going regularly since 1994 at 300kph.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The Eurostar (partly British built) has been going regularly since 1994 at 300kph.

Lets talk about the completely British projects (not ones that they were helped out with)---So how is that Hi speed rail to Birmingham...................:w00t:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Lets talk about the completely British projects (not ones that they were helped out with)---So how is that Hi speed rail to Birmingham...................:w00t:

Its doing about as well as the high speed links in Thailand. Lots of people who happened to buy tracts of land along the route have made plenty of money (mission accomplished) courtesy of the UK taxpayer and whether the project gets completed is still in the lap of those who have no interest in trains.

The consortia building the first section are: SCS Railways (Skanska Construction UK - a Swedish company, Costain and STRABAG AG - a German company), so its not a completely British project anyway.

https://www.transportxtra.com/publications/local-transport-today/news/65163/get-building-hs2-contractors-told/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The consortia building the first section are: SCS Railways (Skanska Construction UK - a Swedish company, Costain and STRABAG AG - a German company), so its not a completely British project anyway.

 

So its going to be built by the Germans & the Swedes-------Brilliant.

 

I wonder if the Bookmakers would take a small wager on who would finish first.....BKK-.Pattaya/Rayong...Vs ...London/ Birmingham.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...