Passenger who parked at Bangkok airport for eight months slapped with 60,000 baht bill

webfact

Passenger who parked at Bangkok airport for eight months slapped with 60,000 baht bill

7pm.jpg

File photo

A deputy at the Airports Authority of Thailand has described as "a misunderstanding" after someone who parked their car at Suvarnabhumi airport since March while they were stranded abroad, were asked to pay nearly 60,000 baht. 

After a clip went viral Suthat Suwannapongsai was at pains to point out that the airport authority were willing to listen to hardship cases for those who had left their cars. Reductions had already been given to some people who had presented evidence.

Suthat said that the person in this case left their car in Zone 2 from 21st March to 14th November. They were still stranded abroad due to the pandemic and instructed a friend to come and pick up the car.

The fee was 250 baht a day for 239 days - a total of 59,750 baht.

The parking attendant explained to the friend that they could appeal for a lower fee by presenting evidence of outbound and inbound flights and cancellations.

The friend said they were prepared to pay and was not willing to wait and supply documentation. 

Suthat said that 6 people had already received help from Suvarnabhumi in reducing charges. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-20

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

uuumm, not sure, what is this news topic about?

you have to pay 250 baht a day for parking your car at the airport, but if you can show evidence that you were stuck abroad die to covid restrictions, you dont have to pay fully but get reduction. 

seems like normal to me. 

• Thanks 1

The last time I returned from Europe, after 3 months the Bill was Bt22,500.- It is the normal price... The surprise was that the gasoline had evaporated, but the staff kindly helped me with the matter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

The last time I returned from Europe, after 3 months the Bill was Bt22,500.-

Why not just leave your car in a private parking space and take the taxi to the airport?  

But if you like to throw money away no big deal. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, balo said:

Why not just leave your car in a private parking space and take the taxi to the airport?  

But if you like to throw money away no big deal. 

Maybe it was not the time to look for parking ... maybe my father had a heart attack and could not miss the flight ... do I need to explain? Thanks for understand me. By the way... I couldn’t say goodbye to him. ????

Edited by Tarteso