Foreigners working in Thailand: New Revenue Dept link to Immigration set to make life easier

webfact

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I had a whole bunch of passport photos made about 10 years ago and I'm still using them now, I used one last month on a drivers license ????

Ditto - I bought 12 for 180 baht when I renewed my UK passport and still use them to this day.

It

20 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Ditto - I bought 12 for 180 baht when I renewed my UK passport and still use them to this day.

That does not work when renewing work permits (on Samui). Every photo has to be different. Mind you, my original work permit was 2001. My hair is more grey/white now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners working in Thailand: New Revenue Dept link to Immigration set to make life easier

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Voice TV

The Revenue Department has announced that as of Wednesday foreigners working in Thailand no longer need to visit them.

They have set up a link with the Immigration Bureau to share data. 

Foreigners who need to present tax documents for the purpose of renewing and extending work visas can go to www.rd.go.th and follow the relevant links. 

They will be asked to allow their consent for documents to be shared as well as some other clerical matters.

Sommai Siriudomset said that this was all part of helping foreigners working in Thailand and they would no longer need to attend the revenue department in person. It can all be done online. 

Source: Voice TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-20

Don't understand this.  I have worked here for 25 years and have never once been required to visit the revenue department.  Don't know anyone who has had to do this either.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Awww boo hoo, is Thailand tricky for you?  Maybe change your name to ChipButtyOn Your Shoulder.

The BOI has made things easier for farang, from investing, to tax incentives, to foreign business ownership.  One Stop Service Centre has made things easier, Digital Work Permits made stuff much much easier for us.  I just renewed my visa and WP and was literally in and out in under ten minutes.  That has been made much simpler over the years and it is only for farang.

More countries now get visa exempt entries than before.  That has made it easier for millions of tourists (farang}.  

We get preferential treatment in so many places.  I go to the bank as a farang and someone immediately comes over to help me and I am usually taken to a desk in the back rather than the big queue - that is purely because I am farang.

Sorry, you just made a very silly, bitter, "ooooh look at me I'm a victim" post.  You are not a victim, Thailand does not hate foreigners (maybe they just hate you}.

Someone immediately comes over to you in the bank and let’s you push ahead of everyone else - why? 

Every time I go to the bank I get a ticket and wait in line like everyone else. Same when going to pay my credit card or going to True to sort out an internet issue. 

I don’t want special treatment. Just fair. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Someone immediately comes over to you in the bank and let’s you push ahead of everyone else - why? 

Every time I go to the bank I get a ticket and wait in line like everyone else. Same when going to pay my credit card or going to True to sort out an internet issue. 

I don’t want special treatment. Just fair. 

I don't know why, it just happens.  Must be because I'm so handsome.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Ah, but you inferred it was because you’re farang. 

And that’s why anecdotal evidence is often just  nonsense. 

Well yes, I assume it's because I'm a foreigner as I don't see it happening to Thais.  It's obvious we are often treated better in certain situations.  Anecdotal, yes, but undoubtedly true.

Not sure why you picked up on that rather than the poster who said Thailand does nothing to make things easier for foreigners when it clearly does.

Ho hum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Well yes, I assume it's because I'm a foreigner as I don't see it happening to Thais.  It's obvious we are often treated better in certain situations.  Anecdotal, yes, but undoubtedly true.

Not sure why you picked up on that rather than the poster who said Thailand does nothing to make things easier for foreigners when it clearly does.

Ho hum.

Because I’ve never experienced anything like that in a bank. That’s why I asked you and you gave a flippant answer. 

As for being given special treatment, that’s great if you’re a tourist. I’m not a tourist - I live here. I don’t want special treatment. Just fair. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

you  mean like the TM30 debacle, the 500,000 baht special new rule debacle   which has now  disappeared 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

I had a whole bunch of passport photos made about 10 years ago and I'm still using them now, I used one last month on a drivers license ????

Ditto. I printed a page full of photos from my computer.  Then each time I visit I wear the same shirt as in the photo.  The shirt still fits & the photo still works after six years.

5 hours ago, bodga said:

you  mean like the TM30 debacle, the 500,000 baht special new rule debacle   which has now  disappeared 

What has that got to do with what I posted?  I replied to someone who claimed that Thailand has never made anything easy for a foreigner (a ridiculous, paranoid and obviously untrue claim}, I pointed out several things that have been made easier over the years, and several things that have always been easy.  I did not say absolutely everything in the whole world is perfect.

Not sure what the TM30 or a proposed Covid entry requirement have to do with my point.

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Awww boo hoo, is Thailand tricky for you?  Maybe change your name to ChipButtyOn Your Shoulder.

The BOI has made things easier for farang, from investing, to tax incentives, to foreign business ownership.  One Stop Service Centre has made things easier, Digital Work Permits made stuff much much easier for us.  I just renewed my visa and WP and was literally in and out in under ten minutes.  That has been made much simpler over the years and it is only for farang.

More countries now get visa exempt entries than before.  That has made it easier for millions of tourists (farang}.  

We get preferential treatment in so many places.  I go to the bank as a farang and someone immediately comes over to help me and I am usually taken to a desk in the back rather than the big queue - that is purely because I am farang.

Sorry, you just made a very silly, bitter, "ooooh look at me I'm a victim" post.  You are not a victim, Thailand does not hate foreigners (well maybe they just hate you}.

Be sure to share your experiences with the FCA. 

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Ditto. I printed a page full of photos from my computer.  Then each time I visit I wear the same shirt as in the photo.  The shirt still fits & the photo still works after six years.

That is the epitome of being a cheap Charlie. Well done son!  Every bit counts.????

But truthfully, don't you get fed up of having to get 6 or 12 photos at a time and use only 2/3 and have them take up room in a draw.????

What if the company tells you that you have to work part time and your salary is affected and does not meet the minimum requirements? My company has reduced the working hours for all employees since March due to the pandemic ... and it seems to me that I will not reach that minimum this year

to renew the Visa..
Edited by Joseph98765

1 hour ago, Joseph98765 said:

What if the company tells you that you have to work part time and your salary is affected and does not meet the minimum requirements? My company has reduced the working hours for all employees since March due to the pandemic ... and it seems to me that I will not reach that minimum this year

to renew the Visa..

What is the minimum to renew?

13 hours ago, Joseph98765 said:

to renew the Visa..

Renew visa = No minimum.

Renew work permit = No minimum.

Renew extension = Typically Bt.50,000 but is country of origin specific and can be less.

Edited by Techno Viking

On 11/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, rkidlad said:

Ah, but you inferred it was because you’re farang. 

..... and well-dressed, recent haircut, no pot belly overhang, no tattoos, no body piercings -- and a pleasant smile and bow. Works every time.