Ducati Scrambler issues and mods

RyeRye

Hi everyone,

I own a Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer 2017. The previous owner did some modifications (exhaust and some visual mods from what I know). The problem is that the bike uses up too much gas (7 l per 100 km). I had Ducati already check it, but they did not come up with a solution. What could be the cause (apart from my aggressive driving :)? 

Also, I would like to add a steering damper, however can't find it in Thailand, and again Ducati is not helpful..."only Ducati performance parts"....

Thx!

5 minutes ago, RyeRye said:

Hi everyone,

I own a Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer 2017. The previous owner did some modifications (exhaust and some visual mods from what I know). The problem is that the bike uses up too much gas (7 l per 100 km). I had Ducati already check it, but they did not come up with a solution. What could be the cause (apart from my aggressive driving :)? 

Also, I would like to add a steering damper, however can't find it in Thailand, and again Ducati is not helpful..."only Ducati performance parts"....

Thx!

Contact Ducati Italy directly.

I had issue with a seat and got a free replacement coz i was not happy with the answers i got at Ducati Thailand.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 7:10 PM, jackdd said:

Regarding the steering damper you should just contact a shop which specializes in suspension.

If you happen to be in Chiang Mai, this shop should be able to help you: https://www.facebook.com/CMSsuperbike/

If you are somewhere else, tell us where you are, maybe somebody has a local recommendation for you.

Hi Thanks, I am based in Bangkok. However, will also check out the link in Chiang Mai...maybe they do shipping...

CMS does quality work - did the Ohlins in my Forza and CRF

Always lots of bikes in the shop, they can clean fuel injectors, program ECU, ...

If shipping is a problem I can pick up from CMS and send to you EMS - I go by the shop frequently

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes.

I've squeezed about 20km more out of it before finding somewhere to fill it up.

It one of the few things that annoys me about it, no fuel gauge ( or gear indicator ).

Agree, you would think that a bike from a premium brand has a gear indicator and a fuel gauge...also I hate the flimsy blinker switch.

Don't want to complain too much though overall its  a fun bike ????

46 minutes ago, RyeRye said:

Agree, you would think that a bike from a premium brand has a gear indicator and a fuel gauge...also I hate the flimsy blinker switch.

Don't want to complain too much though overall its  a fun bike ????

It's funny you mention the indicators, i had the front left fatique and snap on the stem about 2 weeks ago, next day the opposite one and about a week later one of the back ones.

It was due 25K service so obviously mentioned it to them, he said normally they go after about 2 years ( bike is 2015 ) and was surprised they lasted so long!

Was dreading the price of replacements but just over 1K each, still waiting for them tho! currently patched up with tooth picks and insulation tape as a splint.

34 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

Back when I had a Ducati Monster I changed the mirrors because the stock ones were hopeless.

The sales Johnny at Ducati Thonglor asked where I got them. 

The poor dude had a meltdown when I told him they were from a Honda Scoopy and cost 200 Baht a pop.

When i had the seat issue ( mould ) with my FT ( wife's bike now ) i complained to italy and got a replacement seat sent, same thing happened with that so got it recovered at the local Somchai shop for 200baht, been perfect ever since.