Covid-19 Vaccine and Thai Visas

The 95% effective rate is rather dubious.  The vaccine was not given a "challenge" trial.  The people who were vaccinated were not then exposed to the virus.  They were allowed to go about their normal lives.  Whether they were exposed to the virus is not known so their remaining uninfected could just be due to chance. The various vaccines' effectiveness could be much lower than reported.  I am curious to see detailed reports of the vaccines' trials.  

2 hours ago, agood1963 said:

I am sure if you have the vaccine in your own country it will not stand in Thailand , they will tell you that you will need to have the vaccine in Thailand to get your visa and still do the 72 hour covid-19 test, ASQ quarantine for 2 weeks, US$100,000 covid insurance, COE, fit to fly clearance, incase the vaccine don't work that is how the land of smiles works.

They've never done that for other diseases in the past and don't currently require it for yellow fever (just a proof of vaccination is needed) so what makes you think they would do it for CoVid-19?

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

They've never done that for other diseases in the past and don't currently require it for yellow fever (just a proof of vaccination is needed) so what makes you think they would do it for CoVid-19?

I agree. What may be required is a world-standard certificate that any country's Immigration / Medical staff could recognise. That may be required to obtain a visa or may need to be shown on entry if they reintroduce visa waivers or allow VOA again.

But I've emphasised may here because most, if not all of us at present are just guessing.

7 hours ago, champers said:

Whilst over 60s won't be at the front of the queue they will be not far down it after the most vulnerable and health workers. Retirees with big disposable incomes and no time restrictions should be in the vanguard of tourists welcomed back to Thailand.

No amount of money can make the vaccine work quicker, reality is quite a party pooper.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:35 AM, gt162 said:

Pfizer and Moderna covid-19 vaccine is coming out next month in USA. If you get vaccinated, do you still need 72 hour covid-19 test, ASQ quarantine for 2 weeks, US$100,000 covid insurance, COE, fit to fly clearance, etc.?

Or nothing has changed at this time from Thai government or maybe later on for better visa options.

If vaccinated, the PCR test will be positive.....or ??  In that case need an antibody test?  And if one got the Covid ( I did)  and I have antibodies, why vaccinated? I m quit sure that if I do a PCR test ( with 40 cycly this test will meausre nearly everything as positive) I will test positive:-(

On 11/22/2020 at 3:37 AM, sweetserenity said:

The efficiency has already shown 95% successfull rate, so im sure the current requirments will be dropped as soon as people get vaccinated before they come

95%..... based on 94 people form the testgroup who got Covid... 85 of them where got the placebo... So 9 vaccinated people got covid and rected well... the claim of 95% is based on.... 9 people.... people who where in good health condition.....

2 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

The 95% effective rate is rather dubious.  The vaccine was not given a "challenge" trial.  The people who were vaccinated were not then exposed to the virus.  They were allowed to go about their normal lives.  Whether they were exposed to the virus is not known so their remaining uninfected could just be due to chance. The various vaccines' effectiveness could be much lower than reported.  I am curious to see detailed reports of the vaccines' trials.  

exactly! the 95% is based on 94 people from this program who got covid.. 85 where from the placebo group.... 9 where vaccinated. 95% did react well..... MSM became all publicity agencies for the Pharma industry.....

27 minutes ago, Patjqm said:

so an antigen test showing antibodies will be  OK for natural infection? 

Antigen tests do not show antibodies.

Antigen test = shows presence of virus. Current infection.

Antibody test = shows presence of antibodies. Could be naturally acquired immunity (from having been infected) or from vaccination.

The COVID testing required to travel to Thailand and done during quarantine is for antigen. Not antibody.

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Antigen tests do not show antibodies.

Antigen test = shows presence of virus. Current infection.

Antibody test = shows presence of antibodies. Could be naturally acquired immunity (from having been infected) or from vaccination.

The COVID testing required to travel to Thailand and done during quarantine is for antigen. Not antibody.

I ve read many times that the PCR test is not showing infection.... Antigen is another test that does if I udnerstand it right?  ANd vaccination is to be protected against the virus, but I can have the virus and due to natural immunuty or thanks to the vaccin kill it... but when tested I can be tested positive? 

2 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Very few vaccines or medications have been tested by challenge trials--placebo groups are used instead.  I am sure that none of the vaccines you have received in your entire life was tested with a challenge trial.  

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Try being positive, it helps.

Kind of hard to be positive when 10 months ago everyone thought people will dropping like flies and the justification for lockdown and forcing businesses to close and go bankrupt was to flatten the curve and not to overload our hospitals. Then the goalpost got moved to "we cannot have a single covid case!" and here we are with a flattened curve, with barely anyone under 80 dying from covid, still under lockdown and still going bankrupt. And most of us Canadians as is evident from the comments section are quite fed up being force fed fear mongering repetitive conditioning bs by our propaganda media trying to scare us and divide us.

21 minutes ago, greenhornfarang said:

And most of us Canadians as is evident from the comments section are quite fed up being force fed fear mongering repetitive conditioning bs by our propaganda media trying to scare us and divide us.

Dunno where you're located...

But the U.S. right now is running about 1500 CV deaths per day, roughly double that of a month ago. And about 185,000 new cases reported just in the past day.

While Canada's CV numbers are also heading in the wrong direction lately, albeit at much lower levels than the U.S.

"force fed fear mongering repetitive conditioning bs by our propaganda media trying to scare us and divide us"?????   No, I don't think so based on the charts below.

Screenshot_4.jpg.b0ffcb27d64221be446ad27e2a9a6816.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg.46ff340bde935b4e932cb386a6789990.jpg

4 hours ago, Patjqm said:

I ve read many times that the PCR test is not showing infection.... Antigen is another test that does if I udnerstand it right?  ANd vaccination is to be protected against the virus, but I can have the virus and due to natural immunuty or thanks to the vaccin kill it... but when tested I can be tested positive? 

PCR is an antigen test.

Antigen tests (inc PCR) test for the presence of the virus or viral genetic material. So it does show infection, I don't know where you are hearing otherwise.

Vaccine will, not "kill" the virus is you are already infected. It helps prevent infection by priming your immune system to immediately attack and destroy the virus before it gets a foothold in your body. It isp ointless to give the vaccin toi someone already infected.

As already explained, you will NOT test antigen positive due to vaccine. You may test antibody positive which is a different thing.

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Dunno where you're located...

Montreal Quebec and the reason I say fear mongering is because death by Covid in my age group, under 30, only accounts for 0.1%. So yeah fear mongering repetitive conditioning bs by our propaganda media trying to scare ME, I do think so based on the charts and data below.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/situation-coronavirus-in-quebec/

image.png.715d46a1bb3687af4351019399efee80.png

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So excellent news. F U Jack. 

'I'm cherry ripe I'm under 30' 

Why are young folk so self centered.

Sorry Jack I do not mean it like that, what age group are you in? I think this only affects the unhealthy 80+ with underlying conditions. Just my thoughts, based on my observation over the past 10 months of how reckless my own 2 parents have been (64 and 70), they have lost their business and had to start picking up scrap from Kijiji and selling it from our driveway (Kijiji is a Canadian website like craigslist that has a free section). So for the past 10 months my parents have been going into strangers houses every day, picking up their filthy appliances (washers, dryers, stoves, fridges) basically anything they can sell (and props to mom hauling all that at age 64). They bring this junk back home and clean it in our drive way and then invite customers over and sell it -- all this without mask or social distancing (they are very stubborn like that). And not a single member in my family has yet to bring back covid or even flu or even have sniffles this entire year?!?! Montreal Quebec is supposed to be the worse place in Canada to be in terms of cases. I just don't get it, and if my parents did get covid and did give it to me but none of us tested, so it means we were all asymptomatic then why are we even locking down?

4 hours ago, greenhornfarang said:

I think this only affects the unhealthy 80+ with underlying conditions.

Wrong...

Hospitalizations (24 states and NYC reported)*

• Children were 1.2%-3.1% of total reported hospitalizations, and between 0.2%-5.6% of all child COVID-19 cases resulted in hospitalization

https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

As of Nov. 12a total of 1,039,464 children have tested positive for COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemicIn the one-week period ending Nov. 12th, there were 111,946 new cases in children, which is substantially larger than any previous week in the pandemicThe increase tracks surges in the virus in communities across the U.S.  

https://services.aap.org/en/news-room/news-releases/aap/2020/more-than-1-million-children-in-u.s.-diagnosed-with-covid-19/

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Right, I still like my chances a lot:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html

image.png.890c9f61937ca05ab2e5c47659e47c23.png

I am just saying JohninBKK, if this vaccine plan does not work out, then maybe instead of locking down everyone, including the unaffected group, 18 - 30 that has 0% chances of dying,  for the rest of their lives,  maybe we should let that group, and any other group that decides to take the risk to maybe let them live their lives and let them make their own decisions? no? I mean not all of us are afraid to go outside and some of us still have our whole lives ahead of us, why must it be taken from us? I do not understand.

9 hours ago, greenhornfarang said:

Montreal Quebec and the reason I say fear mongering is because death by Covid in my age group, under 30, only accounts for 0.1%.

Seems self centered.... are your parents of a similar mind?

Archived