Man unmasks gang of ‘snacking’ monks in Phetchaburi

webfact

Man unmasks gang of ‘snacking’ monks in Phetchaburi

By The Nation

800_d051f9434442dde.jpg?v=1605853698

A man exposed a gang of crooks, who allegedly dress as monks to dupe people, after falling for their story himself.

He posted pictures of these so-called monks on Facebook, saying he ran into them on a road in Phetchaburi province. Initially, the monks asked for water, before changing their request to ask for money.

The man’s post went viral when other victims shared their experience. It appears as if this gang of five usually target tourists and spend the money they get to buy snacks.

The man said he was afraid that this group of “fake” monks may commit violent acts in the future.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398283

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-20

• Sad 1

I've seen the same.  Approached, asked for water, then asked for money.  Then they start acting creepy.  Me?  Without a word, into the car, lock the door, drive away. Kudos to any who report this to the police.  Fake monks are charlatans and aren't beyond acting out violently.  Essentially they are criminals dressing as monks to defraud the public.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, transam said:
22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

???????? remember my mum when I was doing something wrong " you naughty monkey " ????

Mine was "sod"...????

We had a neighbor who once told me she would skin me alive! scared the bejeebers out of me. I find all monks creepy though.

• Haha 1