What to do after quarantine

Hi all,

I made the mistake of leaving Thailand just before the lock-down in March, and have only just managed to get back.  I'll be released from quarantine in a couple of days, and have a few queries:

1.  My visa and re-entry permit are in my old passport; do I have to go straight to immigration to get my visa transferred, or can I go at any time in the near future?

2.  Am I right in that I don't now have to do a TM30/28 if I return to the same address where I have been living for the past 8 years?

3.  When my 90 day is due, do I have to start again with a TM47, or use my last print-out from immigration? 

4.  I left Thailand at short-notice in march, and couldn't renew my spousal extension because the application takes 30 days.  I didn't have 30 days spare, so I had to change to a retirement extension.  When my current retirement extension is due to expire, can I apply for a spousal extension again?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

1.  My visa and re-entry permit are in my old passport; do I have to go straight to immigration to get my visa transferred, or can I go at any time in the near future?

2.  Am I right in that I don't now have to do a TM30/28 if I return to the same address where I have been living for the past 8 years?

3.  When my 90 day is due, do I have to start again with a TM47, or use my last print-out from immigration? 

4.  I left Thailand at short-notice in march, and couldn't renew my spousal extension because the application takes 30 days.  I didn't have 30 days spare, so I had to change to a retirement extension.  When my current retirement extension is due to expire, can I apply for a spousal extension again?

1. As Kwasaki mentions, best to take both old and new passports to Immigration and have them place the permission to stay stamps in the new passport and update their system.

2. If you entered the kingdom on a re-entry permit then no. If entering on a new visa then yes.

3. The 90-day reporting requirement begins on the date you enter the kingdom. Your latest permission-to-stay stamp or 90-day notice should give you the report by date.

4. You should have little to know issues switching back to the spousal extension so long as you meet the current requirements for your initial visa type and have all the required paperwork and financials in place.

Again, as Kwasaki mentions, Immigration will be able to advise.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, RichCor said:

1. As Kwasaki mentions, best to take both old and new passports to Immigration and have them place the permission to stay stamps in the new passport and update their system.

2. If you entered the kingdom on a re-entry permit then no. If entering on a new visa then yes.

3. The 90-day reporting requirement begins on the date you enter the kingdom. Your latest permission-to-stay stamp or 90-day notice should give you the report by date.

4. You should have little to know issues switching back to the spousal extension so long as you meet the current requirements for your initial visa type and have all the required paperwork and financials in place.

Again, as Kwasaki mentions, Immigration will be able to advise.

Thanks for the info.

My query with #1 was if I have to do it straight away, or can I do it next time I pass the immigration office.

My query with #3 was if I have to start again with a TM47 or can I use my last print-out that the immigration officer gave me.

#2 Perhaps I worded the question wrong.  I take it that I don't need to do another TM30.

Any info you have will be extremely helpful.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

My query with #1 was if I have to do it straight away, or can I do it next time I pass the immigration office.

No rush to do the stamp transfer since you should have a entry stamp in your new passport.

29 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

My query with #3 was if I have to start again with a TM47 or can I use my last print-out that the immigration officer gave me.

It depends upon the office you report to.

Just the existing receipt and your passport to show the date that you entered the country should be enough.

30 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

#2 Perhaps I worded the question wrong.  I take it that I don't need to do another TM30.

No need to do a TM30 report unless you change your address that immigration has on file.

Archived