New reno started

I am going to do a flowing picture thread with a Reno we just started in Phuket. 

Approx 10 yr old pool. 10 x 4 with a Jacuzzi.

Original job done well actually. (Unusual as to what we normally tackle)

Demolish existing surface. 

IMG-20200915-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0005.jpg

8_IMG-20200915-WA0007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The  "sharp" corners around the steps  look  like the could cause a few injuries to the unwary if it where my pool all corners and 90 degrees angles would have large radiuses..I'm always stubbing

It was not critique of which I have no problem! Do you have a problem with reading as well??  Read my response again & take your keyboard warrior jacket of! 

and      

Posted Images

17 hours ago, johng said:

The  "sharp" corners around the steps  look  like the could cause a few injuries to the unwary

if it where my pool all corners and 90 degrees angles would have large radiuses..I'm always stubbing my toes on something 😖

They are not aharp. The tiles are beveled!

In the US pools are typically plastered with tile around the water-line. What are the advantages and disadvantages of going all tile?

And why are most all the pools here so shallow?

Edited by Yellowtail
added text
On 12/1/2020 at 4:30 PM, Yellowtail said:

In the US pools are typically plastered with tile around the water-line. What are the advantages and disadvantages of going all tile?

And why are most all the pools here so shallow?

We also tile around the waterline if the pool is an skimmer system. If overfllow then we can PebbleCrete over the edges. We also use tile as barrier breaks to help with PebbleCrete application. We do a special grout that last a lot longer. As apposed to plaster pools, PebbeleCrete last as long as the pool & gets better with age! Quartz crystal based and has a 5 yr product warranty. Most waterparks PebbleCrete due  to it wearability & longivity!

There is a higher % of pools more shallow here. I think it is age related. Probably more in Phuket, than Pattaya!

Edited by Bagwain
34 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Could the jacuzzi also serve as a counter-current for swim training? 

It certainly can. In this pool though, a lot of demolision and concrete removal would need to be done. Then the concrete wall would have to be core drilled. A big job.

1 hour ago, Bagwain said:

It certainly can. In this pool though, a lot of demolision and concrete removal would need to be done. Then the concrete wall would have to be core drilled. A big job.

It would be better suited to either of each end though!

We did 2 in this pool. We had them running whilst filling with water!

This pool was a standard 1.5 m depth.

2 x 3 hp pumps to run these.

04032013(008).thumb.jpg.a654a75fc6b5144545dceefd04473007.jpg04032013(001).thumb.jpg.d6f07aa404bda55898db23965b6f3e1c.jpg

Edited by Bagwain