New reno started

Bagwain

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this Pebblecrete is imported by an Australian based company?

A French Company imported another technique with liners  but now their former Thai partner is their competition.

Maybe no American company thinks it's worth the risk to start with the plastering technique here?  

The base quartz crystal PebbleCrete comes from many countries including Thailand. Some supplies are seasonal due to flooded mines. It is graded & washed here in Thailand.  It is a Thai based company as is mine!

There are less superior products on the market and some are even more expensive!

Liners are <deleted>! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this Pebblecrete is imported by an Australian based company?

A French Company imported another technique with liners  but now their former Thai partner is their competition.

Maybe no American company thinks it's worth the risk to start with the plastering technique here?  

Probably too hard to find a rep. From what I've seen, pool plastering in the US is pretty low-tech, but it is (comparatively) capital intense.  The equipment looks pretty pricey...

Plenty of 20-30 year old plastered pools that still look good and perform well. My sister's pool in Palm Desert is about 30 years old, and has pretty much been in continuous operation. The paving around it is pretty thrashed but the pool itself looks perfect. Not sure how old my other sister's pool is, but she's been in the house for 20 years, and this last summer was the first real work they've had to do on it. My Brother -in Law ground out and sealed some cracks and they had a contractor replace the pump and filter. Looks great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Nice finished output quality.. Personally would question (likely customers) choice of white.. 

All the whites end up with a blue or green tinge! Depends on the amount of crystal that is used. 

This is Ramayana Water Park with the same colour! 

15109522_184852578641119_2216976029611508073_n.jpg.ac69297cbe3b0df7816b17578c57a795.jpg

Edited by Bagwain

16 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Your reno job looks great.     Can you give all of us an approximation as to the cost of  a project such as  this one?    Also what's the time frame to complete the project once you  start it?

The pool only was approx 350 K & Time frame was 2 weeks.

Only equipment was 3 new LED's, grating & new "Eco Clear" recycled plate glass filter media.

Every job is different.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any water in the pool? This is how good the "Eco Clear" recycled plate glass works! I also use it for Pre-filtration on houses! Saves water & chemicals, takes out metals & lasts up to 15 Yrs in a domestic environment! Not to be mistaken with recycled bottle glass! Too much paper & plastic in that version! Brochure attached!

1.jpg.d564ab682abb927e6ead6b46bacec8ad.jpg2.jpg.4d58c44a7e8e660b4d312d02d35856f8.jpg3.jpg.efb93a8c74aa55079ae29b65fbf2b5f7.jpgEco Clear.pdf

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Bagwain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the way back from Phuket we had a reno to do for an Aussie expat! 

Full resurface with Jacuzzi wall level lowering, entry steps adjusted, new pump room, filter, Eco Clear recycled plate glass media & PuraPool "Oxy Minerale" system with pink Himalayan salt!

He is one very happy customer!

jacuzzi work.jpg

1604374410566.jpg

1608780601673.jpg

1608780595349.jpg

1611744587401.jpg

Australian PurPool "Oxy Minerale" system using pink Himalayan salts.

Using oxygen to sanitise give a fresh water bathing experience!

Arguably the best systems on the market!

New Filter with "Eco Clear" recycled plate glass media.

Exceptional water quality. Last up to 15 yrs.

1611829852312.jpg

Plate glass.jpg

• 4 months later...