Five killed as pick-up flips on road to Doi Inthanon

snoop1130

Five killed as pick-up flips on road to Doi Inthanon

By THE NATION

800_be24d73a75fb837.jpg

A pick-up truck flipped over, immediately killing all five people inside, at around noon on Friday as it was heading to Doi Inthanon mountain in Chiang Mai province.

Officers from Chom Thong Police Station, who were informed of the accident at 12.50pm, showed up with rescue staff at the accident site near the 31-kilometre marker on the road the mountain.

Rescue staff said all five people had died, while police believe the truck flipped over due to the driver’s carelessness. An official investigation into the case has been launched.

Friday was the second day of the November 19-22 long weekend, and many people have travelled up North to enjoy the fresh air and cool temperatures.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398297

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-20

It's endless. The last twenty years have been good to a lot of people in Thailand and that's seen with so many cars on the roads all across the nation. Many young people have been able to get a beautiful new pickup, the first car in their family's history.They work hard and play harder driving back and fourth to their rural villages for all the regular events, weddings, marriages, births, etc, and of course the new vehicle has given them the chance to take their families around the nation to see temples and visit all the places which others have taken their families. With a duty to the company and lots of distance between work, home and the destination of a quick family trip, they often drive too fast going from here to there in order to get it all done. Even worse is this all happens when the roads are often filled with everyone else on a holiday. And of course, some of these touring parties end up being in these accidents. Speed, inexperienced or careless drivers, time limits, distractions, or just plain stupid people who shouldn't be driving can add up to this.

In this story, the details aren't there yet. I wonder who the people in the pickup are. Are they family members on a trip? A young driver our with his friends for a weekend? A father with his family?

I understand the people who are angry at this guy despite not knowing the story. We see these cars rushing along all the time everywhere. It's most likely just another sad stupid story of not being careful or making better choices.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

No one had the guts to tell him to slow down? Are they sheep off a cliff?

Sorry, but you are whom you associate with....

and to your advanced response - life is unfair deal with it...

You don't live in LOS then, or understand how folk here "talk".....?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it is still a necessary evil here in Thailand but I saw a clip on YouTube of a truck flipping. It looked like something happen to the left side wheel. the bumper dropped, the people in the back were slingshot-ted over the cab onto the road with the truck flipping after them. It happen very fast. Every time I see trucks loaded with people in the back I think of that clip. It may not have been the fault of the driver.

When I see a motorbike with 100 kids, two pets and groceries....i laugh.  

Should I:    YELL at them to wear helmets, be safe, buy a car....what should i do??

When I see 1000 piles of garbage pilled 40 meters high on the back of a truck..

Should I YELL........................????

we .............................. do........................................ nothing.

except the RIP post which nobody sees 

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I had both trucks a Vigo and a D-MAX both at the same time for a while In my experience the Vigo was a bag <deleted> on wet roads unless it had a lot of weight on it the D-MAX was far superior I still have a D-MAX  

ok and did YOU flip either of them over??? 

my guess would be NO.....as you good driver !!

Like me.....