Packages approved to attract big spending foreign tourists to Thailand

rooster59

13 hours ago, BigStar said:

Just another convenient speculation based on no evidence. TVF Economists, all farang, typically float this idea, nothing new, so that, like yourself, they don't have to face the horrible truth that Thailand has a middle class, and has tourists (including Asian tourists), with enough money to spend in the malls that farang either don't or won't.

You WISH they had been bleeding money but just more nonsense. You see, they haven't been. How much they've profited you may read in, for example, CP's annual financial reports. Read any? Of course not. Hence the development of additional malls has continued and share prices of developers have continued to rise over the last decade, reflecting foreign investment as well. These people really aren't stupid. If you'd invested a million instead of sitting in your same old dirty bathwater chanting the chant, you'd have quintupled your money.

A Thai mall doesn't need to make itself more appealing based on a flagship brand. Malls are anchored here by, for example, a Central or a Big C. The point of those for the mall is that they pay for a lot of space. Indeed the "brand" may own the mall. The anchors themselves are there to make money and do. It's just obvious, simple, and common sense, except we don't like that idea.

Most of the boutiques only exist in the malls so it's absurd to think they're spending all that money to raise their profiles in the malls just to raise their profiles in the malls. Some exist only in the better malls in wealthier urban areas because that's where the clientele with money are more likely to shop.

Now of course many shops are bleeding money now, which doesn't prove your point about anything, but more so those dependent on foreign tourist money. We may see some, if not many, close until we get that back.

Your honor. He compares CP's financial results, a manufacturer of cheap sausage, with the boutiques that sell 450,000 baht purses. I rest my case. Let the jury decide. 

I consider alot of rich people to have intelligence. He doesn't. 

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Your honor. He compares CP's financial results, a manufacturer of cheap sausage, with the boutiques that sell 450,000 baht purses. I rest my case. Let the jury decide. 

Duh.

https://www.set.or.th/set/companyprofile.do?symbol=CPN&ssoPageId=4&language=en&country=US

Market SET Industry: Property & Construction

Sector: Property Development

What CP doesn't do is come here constantly ranting, pontificating, and posturing with a lot of half-baked ignorant speculations, assumptions, and self-righteousness. That seems intelligent and admirable of them. It's one thing to quaff a few Changs, flop in a chair in front of a keyboard, snap one's suspenders and peck out a fantasy of being a shopping mall financial and Global Economics analyst. It's quite another thing to employ and listen to the real ones.

Good idea to let your "case" rest. And rest and rest. Ah-h-h. ???? 

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Here is a summary of CP's business empire as detailed in last Monday's Bangkok Post:

Agro-industry and food including rice manufacturing.

Telecoms and media i.e. ownership of True.

E-commerce and digital businesses.

Property development.

Automotive and industrial products including MG (part owners).

Pharmaceutical.

Finance and investment.

Retail and distribution, including Makro.

They also own overseas listed companies in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Indonesia.

Sausages indeed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, champers said:

Here is a summary of CP's business empire as detailed in last Monday's Bangkok Post:

Agro-industry and food including rice manufacturing.

Telecoms and media i.e. ownership of True.

E-commerce and digital businesses.

Property development.

Automotive and industrial products including MG (part owners).

Pharmaceutical.

Finance and investment.

Retail and distribution, including Makro.

They also own overseas listed companies in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Indonesia.

Sausages indeed.

The jury has decided! And it's ????. Now for the sentence . . . .

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I see you are a Thai apologist. Read what I said. I said consistently lie. Show me your evidence or jog on by.

The current UK government is utterly corrupt and packed full of and even led by acknowledged, full on liars and cronies ... if you cannot see it, my last sentence pertains and I can't be bothered.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, BigStar said:

But surely dwarfed by the number of times Thais in the USA have called the police on the American citizens--of which you of course have no knowledge and ignore. Reminds me of this high profile case years ago:

Thai Envoy Loses Jewels In Burglary at Her Home

Thieves slipped through a second-story window into the home of Thailand's consul general on Friday night, stealing more than $500,000 worth of jewelry as 15 people prepared for a wedding downstairs, the police said.

--https://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/02/nyregion/metro-news-briefs-new-york-thai-envoy-loses-jewels-in-burglary-at-her-home.html

Suggests Thailand's on the right track keeping out the old riff raff--be nice if they could include their own-- and adding on provable income requirements, no? You wonder why posters here think UK and USA Immigration policies should be emulated.

That pails in comparison to the rip off's in Thailand to the western tourist expat. 

No comparison what so ever.

They are dreaming ... they look at their own bankbook and think , yes they are foreigners so they have some money ... Even if i had 30 million baht ( which i do not have ) i would not think about investing that in Thailand . The only people who would do such a thing is people with much more resources and are expending business they already have .

I do not think so many are waiting to jump in now ...