Packages approved to attract big spending foreign tourists to Thailand

rooster59

4 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

silly question but..

did any of these idiots actually ask why someone would invest 31M to get a document that any backstreet lawyer could easily set up for 50K baht??!

2 M THB capitalization, hire 4 Thais, start a business.  Bob's your uncle.

I don't understand all the negativity.  21 days in a quarantine hotel for the price of 14 seems to be a reasonable deal to me.

Edited by DaLa
Spelling mistake.
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DLock said:

Do Thailand even understand what "well-heeled" means?

"Pay for two nights in quarantine in Bangkok and your third is absolutely free."

It's tiring reading the same uninformed, useless brain farts that these retards come up with on a daily basis.

Why not just give "Free small French fries when you order a Big Mac". Same effect. Zero.

Embarrassing really.

According to the announcement by the Public Relations Department of Thailand, there will be three packages, including “book two nights and get one free” for hotels in Bangkok, “book two nights in Bangkok and get a free one in a hotel near the city” (with TAT arranging taxi), and “book three nights in Bangkok and get two nights free in a different province” (with TAT paying for the flight). 

The packages will be available for booking by foreign tourists from December 1 this year through March 31 next year. Actual trips can be committed through April 30, 2021.

People coming anyway might enjoy the discount. But no 'well heeled' person will make a decision to travel because of a silly gimmick.

Road transport? Is that a chauffeured limousine? I for one would be very angry if they pointed me towards any kind of shared transport. Sounds like they book a taxi...woohoo!

Elite card:

At the same time Mr Yuthasak announced that CESA had also approved giving Thailand Elite card holders an option to apply for work permits. The applicants must either hold a B1mn card for 10 years or hold a card for 5 years and invest US$1mn in Thailand on specified conditions.

They set themselves a goal of selling 1,000 cards per year?? But you have to wait for five years before you get the work permit??

This all sounds like a load...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

In any normal country, politicians would get called out on such outrageous claims and statistics. They would be forced to apologies and resign.

Obviously, this is not a normal country.

Yes, but the list of “not normal” countries is quite long. England and USA would be at the top of any “not normal” country.

in fact, I can only think of a few “normal” ones. Singapore, yup. New Zealand, yup. I guess there ARE others but the “not normal” list is far longer imho. In which case......does that actually make them “normal” ????

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

In any normal country, politicians would get called out on such outrageous claims and statistics. They would be forced to apologies and resign.

Obviously, this is not a normal country.

Not in UK they wouldn't ...

Here we go again!

Yet more drivel...another day..yet another hair brained idea! When will these clowns realise they are trying to flog a dead horse?   So called "well heeled travellers"arent anywhere near as stupid as these hair brained making idea imbeciles!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thai Media reported that the TAT are proposing special packages designed to attract well-heeled foreign tourists.

The jokes and laughs continue , they just want you leave your money for them and go back where you come from , foreigners are seeing to much .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Three imaginative packages are on offer: 

Anything that starts with "imaginative" then followed by "pay" should be a warning that somebody is about to put a crowbar in your wallet.   The Nation sounds more and more like a junta propaganda machine.  It is nauseating. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pravda said:

These are good promos. I'm thinking about booking an extra week in quarantine. 

EXACTLY. Hit the nail on the head here. 
buy two nights in quarantine and get one night free. Correct me if I’m wrong but I would suggest even WELL HEELED tourists are not coming to Thailand to spend time in quarantine. The law demands 14 days quarantine. They will buy 14 days - period. In which case they will be paying for 9 of them and getting 5 free. Isn’t that just a DISCOUNT incentive ?  So call it what it is why don’t you? 
on another note I really don’t believe there are people holding their collective breathe until the government will allow them to get never that spare USD million they have under the mattress or n return for a work permit are there? Dreamers. Do something practical not whimsical. 

• Like 1