Bang Saen Beach reinvents itself: No smoking, no booze - better health for all

rooster59

45 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I was there last week and brought to the beach from 7-11 no problem.  The chair vendor actually brought me some ice.

The beach and water clean plenty of food vendors around.

I think the booze ban just applies to Bang Saen.

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

I think the booze ban just applies to Bang Saen.

That's where I was.

I thought it was just sales but in reading about it now it covers consumption also and is apparently being enforced.

Good to know if I go back.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

No smoking or drinking.  It's bad for your health  However, feel free to take in copious amounts of PM 2.5 particulate floating over from BKK.  <pffffft>  "Ahhhhhh" 
Nanny-dom will keep you safe!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, falang1969 said:

Been to Bang Saen many times, ok ban smoking, BUT banning having a lazy afternoon in a deck chair, under an umbrella, having some seafood and a nice cold beer?? 

Won't be going there again.

Its the smell of alcohol from a freshly opened beer that affected the reformed smokers with olfactory enhanced noses that they not only can they smell smoke from 200m.

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Now there is a complete ban on the consumption and sale of alcohol.

ha ha ha ha  ha.....I was just down there lsat week...ha haha h a.....plenty of smoking and binge drinking going on along with obnooxious music being blared from loudspeakers on poles every 100 meters....naked little kids running around...and mat renters so thick you almost had to step over them.

To not allow smoking everywhere I can totally understand (as a smoker) but then just make some designated areas for this.. In terms of alcohol I think it is stupidity, what else would both locals and tourists want at the beach. Some nice food with a beer of course!

Edited by ChaiyaTH

One of the advantages of living in Thailand has - for me - always been the possibility to enjoy a meal or beer without it being spoiled by inhaling cigarette smoke (as in Europe).

In Europe one can smoke outside a bar, not inside. That law should be replaced by:  on good days, no smoking outside, on cold days no smoking inside.

It would save me the trouble of searching for a place to sit outside with no smokers up - wind.

However, I think that the smoking / drinking ban in Thailand is not inspired by health concerns, but rather by fundamentalist religious motives, not unlike many christian sects.

what a load!

just another absurd in the land of smiles, i give one month for them to change their mind. they want to turn this area into a smart city, the problem is: where are the smart people? probably turning it into a ghost town.