Bang Saen Beach reinvents itself: No smoking, no booze - better health for all

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They really know how to nail a coffin 😂

Reformed smoker is worse than a used car salesman. I have never smoked and there are other outdoor smells to worry about. If its outdoors the smoke is a non issue.

5000 baht for smoking. 300 baht for not wearing a helmet on a motorbike.

Posted Images

To not allow smoking everywhere I can totally understand (as a smoker) but then just make some designated areas for this.. In terms of alcohol I think it is stupidity, what else would both locals and tourists want at the beach. Some nice food with a beer of course!

Edited by ChaiyaTH

One of the advantages of living in Thailand has - for me - always been the possibility to enjoy a meal or beer without it being spoiled by inhaling cigarette smoke (as in Europe).

In Europe one can smoke outside a bar, not inside. That law should be replaced by:  on good days, no smoking outside, on cold days no smoking inside.

It would save me the trouble of searching for a place to sit outside with no smokers up - wind.

However, I think that the smoking / drinking ban in Thailand is not inspired by health concerns, but rather by fundamentalist religious motives, not unlike many christian sects.

what a load!

just another absurd in the land of smiles, i give one month for them to change their mind. they want to turn this area into a smart city, the problem is: where are the smart people? probably turning it into a ghost town.