The sad state of Thai labour in the countryside

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So  have had my land now for 8  years, staff were easy to find way back then, generally  Burmese, Thais dont want to do  this work on the land. Ive noticed in the last 4-5  years more and more fi

No. They all want to work in Global or Homepro so they can sit on their asses all day taking selfies and playing Facebook.   If they have no work, they are not embarrassed just to beg p

The OP is spot on and I raised this in another post quite recently when they were talking about people who had lost their jobs due to Covid and didn't have money to feed themselves. For 20 years I hav

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, bodga said:

So  have had my land now for 8  years, staff were easy to find way back then, generally  Burmese, Thais dont want to do  this work on the land.

Ive noticed in the last 4-5  years more and more fields are being abandoned become overgrown etc, and staff are  getting harder to find and are  more lazy.

It doesnt matter what you pay, it doesnt matter what you give them in extra benefits such as free  electric, water ,  motorbike,  house etc etc.

Wife has spoken to a few  more people round here with farms and they all say the same, no one wants to work  on the land, even though many have no  jobs  now they will  not work on the land.

It pains me to sell up but it is  what it is, Im looking forwards to  maybe getting a life back instead of the constant worry of staff leaving at the drop of a  hat or just sitting doing very  little.

So here is the warning for  those thinking of  getting some land and growing anything, forget it, no one wants to work on the land anymore.

you should able to just grow for yourself to eat. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, bodga said:

Well even just to take care of the garden area they arent interested in, garden is 1  acre  2.5  rai and is  low maintenance, everything on sprinklers, Fruit is 12  rai, we  may  just abandon growing the fruit completely, even when they get  offered 40%  of any profits they dont want it.

The main problem is they  just up an leave,  no warning often leaving us in a  real mess, have to cancel appointments even flights  sometimes.

Ive had enough of the attitude and lack of work ethic Ill sell get a condo by the sea and have a less stressful  life without having to think about staff beacsue no matter what you offer or  how  kind you are its  not appreciated.

I let the last  lot even use my pick up once every few  weeks, then they started using it weekly  then daily.........theyre all take take  take.

that's a shame, i don't blame in that case.

• Like 1