The sad state of Thai labour in the countryside

bodga

32 minutes ago, Enzian said:

My girlfriend has to minimize time in her family farm/village area because if she has anything in her pocket, other family members, particularly the young, are constantly hitting her up for it, and badmouth her if she doesn't comply, so she has to stay in Bangkok to have anything.

Yep seen it all before  that ole  loving caring  Thai  family, permanently  on the scrounge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Decided to quit and sell sick of the BS and idleness of the Thais, the lies and the outright BS stories they come up with the locals are just a bunch of  wasters, one told us today he hadnt worked since January and was chasing us for this  job, was a Chef and totally unsuitable for outdoor work had done a couple of other small  jobs but "didnt like them"  so quit and  was  gonna turn up here do a few  days and no doubt say he didnt like this either. They deserve all the <deleted>  life throws at them.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'd be surprised at anyone willing to work every single day!

The government mandates a full-time employee be paid for 30 days a month whether the work five day a week or six. If they work seven days a week they would also have to be paid double time for the seventh day. 

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

The government mandates a full-time employee be paid for 30 days a month whether the work five day a week or six. If they work seven days a week they would also have to be paid double time for the seventh day. 

And you think the government mandates include the peasant workers?

Please.....

19 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

And you think the government mandates include the peasant workers?

Please.....

We were comparing the benefits of field work to the benefits of working in a factory. You questioned the 30 days pay and I tried to explain it, I'm sorry if it is still confusing to you.

To be clear, the law covers all full-time workers, be they "peasants" or otherwise. That some employers do not abide the law is beside the point. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

We were comparing the benefits of field work to the benefits of working in a factory. You questioned the 30 days pay and I tried to explain it, I'm sorry if it is still confusing to you.

To be clear, the law covers all full-time workers, be they "peasants" or otherwise. That some employers do not abide the law is beside the point. 

I'm not confused, you did explain properly what you were trying to, simple.