Pattaya: Tourists put off going because of fears of dangerous air quality

rooster59

6 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

There are less local tourists in Pattaya over this long holiday because local people opted for cooler weather and went North. However they will be disappointed with still warm weather over there, as it is warm at the moment.

You are likely correct.... with a few more days to play with, and a nice shiny new motorway free to use, they can go further afield from Bangkok. 

14 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

no tourists in Pattaya or jomtien..are they having a laugh drove up and down the length of jomtien beach today to get a parking spot...just sayin...

I don't know if you had noticed but it's a long Holiday weekend. Suggest you go on Tuesday and you will find it empty/Dead. Not unlike the rest of Pattaya. It'll continue stay like that till the next holiday. I do believe that to be Christmas/New year. Then what larks. As no parking again. 

Edited by fredob43

13 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

There are less local tourists in Pattaya over this long holiday because local people opted for cooler weather and went North.

I dunno about that, maybe. Somewhat fewer, I'd say, but after all they were all just here for Loy Kratong, might like a change of scene. This isn't exactly one of the traditional holidays but rather one manufactured by government fiat. Hear any holiday music being played around, getting people in the festive mood? Nope.

Web marketing content writer probably wanted an angle to appeal to our large and vocal TVF Air Quality Monitoring bureau.

Still, it was far more than just a usual weekend and helpful. Some places were packed with locals, e. g., the food fair in T21 and Hops, to name just two.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

Now I'm reading it wasn't really bad air..........

EVERY single country wants more money, not less.   Every country spins its media so it doesn't pin the nail on their own head....which means for the last 100 years I can't trust anything I read anyhow...

long weekends are always the same.  people go back home.  nobody has parents in pattaya....5555

and the odds of their house being south of pattaya is almost zero.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Wrong... it will be packed for the Fireworks on Friday and Saturday.

Another whole 2 days. How wonderful for all the closed down businesses. With everyone sitting on the beach watching the fireworks and not spending a penny, or a BHT as the case maybe.

I have been to one of those Firework nights. Yes full of peeps with 99% of the Thais bringing their own food and drinks. 

Come on then how many peeps are there now a Monday after the long weekend. Please don't tell me it's empty yet again.   

23 hours ago, fredob43 said:

It'll continue stay like that till the next holiday. I do believe that to be Christmas/New year.

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Another whole 2 days

I responded to your first comment which was not completely true....

There is also a music festival Dec 11-12th.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, BigStar said:

Still, it was far more than just a usual weekend and helpful. Some places were packed with locals, e. g., the food fair in T21 and Hops, to name just two

Locals love the mediocre food in there. Never worked out why. 

Beer is good though. I suppose if you drink enough the food starts to taste better.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I responded to your first comment which was not completely true....

There is also a music festival Dec 11-12th.

Another Music festival. What joy that might be. How I love a bit of Thai head banging noise. Note to self. Get down to Patts with my ear plugs.

Sorry about my comment not being completely true, but it was around 90% correct. That's of cause they haven't removed the For Sale/Rent signs that adorn most of the shops/Bars/restaurants.

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Yes my recollection of what it was like a month ago. Sad RIP

I have far worse pics of beer bars falling down from the area behind Ali Baba, but in reality that was happening long before Covid. Pattaya was shifting from the European/ Australian etc customer base already to Chinese, Indian and Asian. Going down market at one end, while attempting to go up-market at the other. Covid  has booted it along. In an effort to get though this, the local market is being targeted, especially at weekends.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:46 PM, fredob43 said:

I don't know if you had noticed but it's a long Holiday weekend. Suggest you go on Tuesday and you will find it empty/Dead. Not unlike the rest of Pattaya. It'll continue stay like that till the next holiday. I do believe that to be Christmas/New year. Then what larks. As no parking again. 

It is quite busy today, not dead by any means. There are school holidays till 1st December so plenty of family outings. 

The air quality has improved considerably today as well.

Happier days.

• Like 1