Phuket: As beautiful as ever - just deserted!

rooster59

Phuket: As beautiful as ever - just deserted!

p4.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News published a large number of pictures that showed different tourist sites on the holiday island.

There was Patong Beach, Bangtao Beach and Phuket old town. 

They were all beautiful just bereft of any tourists.

Everywhere was deserted, they said. 

They said that Phuket is a large island but the smallest province known as the "Pearl of the Andaman" in reference to the sea that surrounds it. 

Phuket has been particularly hard hit by the pandemic due to the absence of foreign tourists and its long distance from Bangkok in particular. 

Those Bangkokians who do travel are more likely to choose the eastern seaboard or Hua Hin for a weekend or long weekend road trip break, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-21

p1.JPG

p2.JPG

p3.JPG

p5.JPG

p6.JPG

Veering off a little from the title, but related because I have a friend who lived in Patong and just loved it here because it is, as the heading says "beautiful as ever".

Unfortunately he is stuck in the UK and wants to get back so I sent him the latest info from Phuket regarding the hotels which are now certified to be able to accept folks who have to quarantine........ but he sent back rather sad email to say that this was all well and good, however what's the point of having these sort of hotels in Phuket, when one has to quarantine in Bangkok??

Feel free to put it in another thread, but did he read this right or can he still return to "beautiful" Phuket and directly quarantine here?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zzzzz said:

being selfish i know,   But i love it here now

Nothing selfish about it, this is the Pattaya as it should be... not saturated with millions of tourists which suffocate everything and over-stretch local services.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Is this real said:

If it takes 5 years for world tourism to start improving, as it will, it will take even longer for Phuket to clear away all the derelict structures and replace with new.

It's going to be a very long decade for Phuket tourism hopes.

It'll take a while but I don't think I'd be quite as gloomy as you are.

5 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

It'll take a while but I don't think I'd be quite as gloomy as you are.

Hopefully, you are correct.  My forecast  is based on tourism increasing around the world to a point that major business' want to take a chance on it.  I figure that can easily be 5 years and by then Phuket will need to be rebuilt.