Marriage Visa Extension in Ubon - requirements?

I am doing my first marriage visa extension in Ubon. 400,000 will be in the account for over 2 months on day of the application. What else do I need?

- Passport

- Wife's ID Card

- House Book

- Photos of the house (+ house number showing?)
- Map to the house
- Marriage certificate
- Bank book
- Bank statement
- Letter from bank?

And copies of everything, right? As for the 400,000 do they need to remain in the bank account after I go make my visa? I heard there is an under consideration period. Or can I start using it. Because we have twins on the way and money is getting tight with it being locked up for so long.

Thanks ????

You will need recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house and one showing the house number in it.

Are you living where your wife's house book is for. If not you will need proof of residence such as a rental agreement with signed copies of owners house book and ID card attached.

The bank letter can be done the day before you apply for the extension. You should not need a bank statement if your updated bank book shows the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

I have seen not reports of Ubon immigration wanting to see the bank book when you return to get your extension stamp at the end of the 30 day under consideration period. The 30 days will start from the day your current permit to stay ends.

Just gone through it at Ubon. They wanted my wife divorce certificate copy in colour and my UK divorce stuff from  years back, yet we have been wed, with many visas, for 13 years. I was lucky to have a couple of bits from back then, not perfect, but they seemed OK. I did do a printout of my updated bankbook together with the relevant 400k pages..

Now I don't know if I just picked a wrong day, well it was Friday the 13th....????.............????

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house and one showing the house number in it.

Are you living where your wife's house book is for. If not you will need proof of residence such as a rental agreement with signed copies of owners house book and ID card attached.

The bank letter can be done the day before you apply for the extension. You should not need a bank statement if your updated bank book shows the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

I have seen not reports of Ubon immigration wanting to see the bank book when you return to get your extension stamp at the end of the 30 day under consideration period. The 30 days will start from the day your current permit to stay ends.

What could happen if they ask for the bank book after the 30 days under consideration and there's only say 350k left?

5 minutes ago, Michael Jones said:

What could happen if they ask for the bank book after the 30 days under consideration and there's only say 350k left?

The could refuse do you extension stamp. You could say it was taken it out to live on.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would anyone touch the 400k during under consideration period. Regardless of which imm office you deal with. 

The intent of the 400k is stated in the police order is "must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year".

Before they started wanting to see the bank book as part of failed crack down on using agents it was suggested you could remove enough to live on during the 30 day under consideration period (400k divided by 12 = 33.3k baht). There were cases in the past when the approving division level office contacted the to check the balance in the account. Then it was OK to remove a small amount but not all of it.

2 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

House photos have to be in color and in 'portrait' setting (not landscape or stitched).

Yes, they wanted more from me, even though we have a yellow/blue book for the same address for  the last 13 years...????

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would anyone touch the 400k during under consideration period. Regardless of which imm office you deal with. 

Are times that tough.

Why would anyone not touch it?

It is there for your living expenses.

I have always dipped into it during the under consideration period.

This is the checklist I used recently...  (much of which was provided by UbonJoe)

1)       Application form T.M. 7

2)       1 photograph (4x6cm)

3)       Copy of passport ID Page

4)       Copy of Passport Visa Page

5)       Copy of Entry Stamp

6)       Copy of TM6 Card 

7)       Copy of your marriage certificate

8 )      Copy of Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian - From Amphur office)

9)       Copy of spouse’s house registration

10)    Copy of spouse’s identity card

11)    *Copy of Yellow Book (not necessary if you don’t have it)

12)    *Copy of Pink ID card (not necessary if you don’t have it)

13)    Copy of Bank Book (updated to that day)

14)    Letter from Bank – statement of funds  (to that day or previous day)

15)    Photo’s (in front of house / in house - 2 per A4 page)

16)    Map to House (hand drawn) 

17)    Proof of TM 30 (just in case)

18)    Visa extension fee 1900 THB

17 hours ago, Michael Jones said:

I was told to bring my updated Bank Book at the end of the 30 days ‘under consideration’ period. 

I figured the safest bet was not to let the money go below 400k baht.

When finalising the extension approval the bank book was never requested. 

I think it's now one of those ‘just incase’ requirements where we should leave 400k in for the under consideration period just in case it's asked for. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is the checklist I used recently...  (much of which was provided by UbonJoe)

1)       Application form T.M. 7

2)       1 photograph (4x6cm)

3)       Copy of passport ID Page

4)       Copy of Passport Visa Page

5)       Copy of Entry Stamp

6)       Copy of TM6 Card 

7)       Copy of your marriage certificate

8 )      Copy of Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian - From Amphur office)

9)       Copy of spouse’s house registration

10)    Copy of spouse’s identity card

11)    *Copy of Yellow Book (not necessary if you don’t have it)

12)    *Copy of Pink ID card (not necessary if you don’t have it)

13)    Copy of Bank Book (updated to that day)

14)    Letter from Bank – statement of funds  (to that day or previous day)

15)    Photo’s (in front of house / in house - 2 per A4 page)

16)    Map to House (hand drawn) 

17)    Proof of TM 30 (just in case)

18)    Visa extension fee 1900 THB

16)  I downloaded a Google map of my place and marked my house on it and it's address. I also downloaded a Google earth photo of the area, cut an arrow out of masking tape to point at my roof with the address on it..They looked at them wide-eyed, plus the home visit chaps had no ploblem finding my place....????

I am just so hi-tech....

3 minutes ago, transam said:

16)  I downloaded a Google map of my place and marked my house on it and it's address. I also downloaded a Google earth photo of the area, cut an arrow out of masking tape to point at my roof with the address on it..They looked at them wide-eyed, plus the home visit chaps had no ploblem finding my place....????

I am just so hi-tech....

Google earth !!! - wow... that is going ‘all out’....

No home visits to my place (in Bangkok), if Immigration were to make a visit there’s a high probability we [Wife and I] would not be at home. I wonder how many times they return before they just give up? !

On the Maps thing: I did the same (used google Maps), but also read on this forum that someone had their ‘google maps’ map rejected and were asked to provide a ‘hand drawn’ map... So, I provided both - Hand Drawn on one side of the A4 page and Google Maps on the reverse side of the page. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Locking up ~13k USD  in a bank for 3 months I regard as very low hurdle to be able to live in Thailand. Hardly hi-so. 

For some of us it is, plus I would NEVER poke "fun" or jibe at those who maybe just getting by, it's not my or your business...????

1 hour ago, Carlosm said:

House photos have to be in color and in 'portrait' setting (not landscape or stitched).

That may a requirement where you apply. Others will accept them in landscape.

I know Ubon allows them since I have used them.

4 hours ago, DrPhibes said:
7 hours ago, Carlosm said:

So funny since Chiang Mai they want them landscape!

Incredible isn’t it...  The individual and pedantic interpretation of some requirements which are rather pathetic in the first place. 

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

his is a very comprehensive list from Trat I.O. beware of num 14. 

That is a list from one office out of almost 80 offices. It can not be depended upon to be valid for other office.

Somethings are missing from it and it is out of date when it comes to the income option.

"On the Maps thing: I did the same (used google Maps), but also read on this forum that someone had their ‘google maps’ map rejected and were asked to provide a ‘hand drawn’ map... So, I provided both - Hand Drawn on one side of the A4 page and Google Maps on the reverse side of the page. " My google maps was rejected too and hat too do hand dawn map.

On 11/21/2020 at 11:51 AM, transam said:

Just gone through it at Ubon. They wanted my wife divorce certificate copy in colour and my UK divorce stuff from  years back, yet we have been wed, with many visas, for 13 years. I was lucky to have a couple of bits from back then, not perfect, but they seemed OK. I did do a printout of my updated bankbook together with the relevant 400k pages..

Now I don't know if I just picked a wrong day, well it was Friday the 13th....????.............????

Since you've recently been through it, do you need witnesses in Ubon for the marriage extension (either when you apply or when they do the home visit)?

Archived