Jump to content

Marriage Visa Extension in Ubon - requirements?


Recommended Posts

I am doing my first marriage visa extension in Ubon. 400,000 will be in the account for over 2 months on day of the application. What else do I need?

- Passport

- Wife's ID Card

- House Book

- Photos of the house (+ house number showing?)
- Map to the house
- Marriage certificate
- Bank book
- Bank statement
- Letter from bank?

And copies of everything, right? As for the 400,000 do they need to remain in the bank account after I go make my visa? I heard there is an under consideration period. Or can I start using it. Because we have twins on the way and money is getting tight with it being locked up for so long.


Thanks 🙂

Edited by Michael Jones
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For some of us it is, plus I would NEVER poke "fun" or jibe at those who maybe just getting by, it's not my or your business...🤫

This is the checklist I used recently...  (much of which was provided by UbonJoe)   1)       Application form T.M. 7 2)       1 photograph (4x6cm) 3)       Copy of passport ID Page

Why sad? or do you just want to point out that you are more financially secure than other forum contributors may be and in doing so make yourself appear as somewhat of a tool ??

Posted Images

You will need recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house and one showing the house number in it.

Are you living where your wife's house book is for. If not you will need proof of residence such as a rental agreement with signed copies of owners house book and ID card attached.

The bank letter can be done the day before you apply for the extension. You should not need a bank statement if your updated bank book shows the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

I have seen not reports of Ubon immigration wanting to see the bank book when you return to get your extension stamp at the end of the 30 day under consideration period. The 30 days will start from the day your current permit to stay ends.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gone through it at Ubon. They wanted my wife divorce certificate copy in colour and my UK divorce stuff from  years back, yet we have been wed, with many visas, for 13 years. I was lucky to have a couple of bits from back then, not perfect, but they seemed OK. I did do a printout of my updated bankbook together with the relevant 400k pages..

Now I don't know if I just picked a wrong day, well it was Friday the 13th....😱.............🤭

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house and one showing the house number in it.

Are you living where your wife's house book is for. If not you will need proof of residence such as a rental agreement with signed copies of owners house book and ID card attached.

The bank letter can be done the day before you apply for the extension. You should not need a bank statement if your updated bank book shows the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

I have seen not reports of Ubon immigration wanting to see the bank book when you return to get your extension stamp at the end of the 30 day under consideration period. The 30 days will start from the day your current permit to stay ends.

 

 

 

What could happen if they ask for the bank book after the 30 days under consideration and there's only say 350k left?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Michael Jones said:

 

What could happen if they ask for the bank book after the 30 days under consideration and there's only say 350k left?

The could refuse do you extension stamp. You could say it was taken it out to live on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would anyone touch the 400k during under consideration period. Regardless of which imm office you deal with. 

The intent of the 400k is stated in the police order is "must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year".

Before they started wanting to see the bank book as part of failed crack down on using agents it was suggested you could remove enough to live on during the 30 day under consideration period (400k divided by 12 = 33.3k baht). There were cases in the past when the approving division level office contacted the to check the balance in the account. Then it was OK to remove a small amount but not all of it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would anyone touch the 400k during under consideration period. Regardless of which imm office you deal with. 

Are times that tough.

For some of us, yes.......:coffee1:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

House photos have to be in color and in 'portrait' setting (not landscape or stitched).

Yes, they wanted more from me, even though we have a yellow/blue book for the same address for  the last 13 years...🤔

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would anyone touch the 400k during under consideration period. Regardless of which imm office you deal with. 

Are times that tough.

Why would anyone not touch it?

It is there for your living expenses.

I have always dipped into it during the under consideration period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Michael Jones said:

 

What could happen if they ask for the bank book after the 30 days under consideration and there's only say 350k left?

 

I was told to bring my updated Bank Book at the end of the 30 days ‘under consideration’ period. 

 

I figured the safest bet was not to let the money go below 400k baht.

 

When finalising the extension approval the bank book was never requested. 

 

I think it's now one of those ‘just incase’ requirements where we should leave 400k in for the under consideration period just in case it's asked for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...