Marriage Visa Extension in Ubon - requirements?

24 minutes ago, teetersb said:

"On the Maps thing: I did the same (used google Maps), but also read on this forum that someone had their ‘google maps’ map rejected and were asked to provide a ‘hand drawn’ map... So, I provided both - Hand Drawn on one side of the A4 page and Google Maps on the reverse side of the page. " My google maps was rejected too and hat too do hand dawn map.

And this was in Ubon?

1 hour ago, Myran said:

Since you've recently been through it, do you need witnesses in Ubon for the marriage extension (either when you apply or when they do the home visit)?

Just 2 at the home visit, they came the next day at my place, phoned at 9am that they will be around at 11am...????

Witnesses ?

When my wife phoned Phetchaburi immigration last week they told her that we needed to bring two Thai witnesses when making the application ! Is this true or are they only required to be at the house when they make a home visit ?

9 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Witnesses ?

When my wife phoned Phetchaburi immigration last week they told her that we needed to bring two Thai witnesses when making the application ! Is this true or are they only required to be at the house when they make a home visit ?

Sadly I have read same report previously. Can't recall which office. Reason I remember is that I just could not believe that was possible. Even doubted poster.

Maybe lame suggestion but could your wife ring your imm office and explain that it's very difficult witnesses come to office but witnesses can be there for home visit.

Good luck.

Witnesses... wow - thats a complete new one !

Regarding the witnesses at the home visit: what happens when immigration call that they want to visit and husband has had to travel overseas etc?

Am I correct in assuming no home visits Bangkok anyway?

Do they do the home visit in the ‘under consideration’ period or at any time throughout the year?

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Something new is learned every day. I guess it's not a requirement when applying for an extension in Bangkok. 

No it is not. Also my understanding is no home visit during under consideration.

I'm not married so only from what I have read 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for the link. Here's the ubonjoe pearl I plucked from that thread and saved;

ubonjoe: "There are a few offices that asks for a witness instead of doing a home visit.

The civil servant can be the village head or one of their assistants. They normally have time to go with you since they don't have a 8 to 5 job. You might have to buy them lunch or perhaps give them a little tea money. ... (head-man) It is the Pu Yai Ban. ผู้ใหญ่บ้าน ."

We had the Village Chief come with us to the Amphur after we got married so my wife could record her new last name and record it in the house book. (I think?) It was about 500 but my wife's dad was Village Chief before him and they were friends.

14 hours ago, Wookie said:

Witnesses ?

Every immigration office is different. In Hua Hin, you have to bring one witness to the immigration office when doing the application (with copies/originals of their ID card and tabian baan). If they told your wife you have to bring two witnesses when making the application, that's most likely the case.

15 minutes ago, Myran said:

In Hua Hin, you have to bring one witness to the immigration office when doing the application (with copies/originals of their ID card and tabian baan)

Wow, answers exactly what I wondered about. We want to locate in Hua Hin after the ASQ in early 2021.

But our friends are in Bangkok, Ayutthaya, and Udon Thani.

1) We have no witnesses in Hua Hin. Will we need them near our condo?

2) The landlord/lessor as a witness... do people pay them for the service? How much? What if he/she is on vacation when it's time?

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2020 at 5:07 AM, transam said:

16)  I downloaded a Google map of my place and marked my house on it and it's address. I also downloaded a Google earth photo of the area, cut an arrow out of masking tape to point at my roof with the address on it..They looked at them wide-eyed, plus the home visit chaps had no ploblem finding my place....????

I am just so hi-tech....

transam=  can I ask= do you use ubon imm== so changeable needs each time we go

Regarding proof of residence, my wife and I are moving to Mukdahan to live with my wife’s daughter. She is renting a house and the lease is in her name and also her boyfriend’s name. The house owner is out of country at this time.

What should we do in this case to get change of address approved and marriage extension?

50 minutes ago, RegularGuy77 said:

What should we do in this case to get change of address approved and marriage extension?

You wife's daughter could do a TM30 report as the possessor/tenant of the house. A copy of the rental agreement and copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them may also be needed.

She could also write a short statement that you are living with her to use when you apply for the extension.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife's daughter could do a TM30 report as the possessor/tenant of the house. A copy of the rental agreement and copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them may also be needed.

She could also write a short statement that you are living with her to use when you apply for the extension.

Thanks

Just to clarify,  the owners house book and ID signed by them meaning signed by the daughter and boyfriend?

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes...

Not in my personal experience. I have not been asked for something I didn't have since 2012.

The only change I have had was last year when I had to show bank transfers from abroad to meet the 40k baht requirement and then I had everything they wanted.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not in my personal experience. I have not been asked for something I didn't have since 2012.

The only change I have had was last year when I had to show bank transfers from abroad to meet the 40k baht requirement and then I had everything they wanted.

They asked for my divorce papers with my UK wife, which was maaaany a year back, even though I have been married in LOS for 14 years, with 15 years of marriage Visa's and extension...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

They asked for my divorce papers with my UK wife, which was maaaany a year back, even though I have been married in LOS for 14 years, with 15 years of marriage Visa's and extension...

That is not normal and you are the only person I am aware of that was asked for that.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not normal and you are the only person I am aware of that was asked for that.

Yep, it was ridiculous, and we let the imm. bloke know it was, but they still wanted "something" related to my divorce, plus they wanted Mrs.T divorce thingy. Seems they were being <deleted>ty, or they couldn't see our lovely smiles behind our masks....????

Archived