Prayut rejects as propaganda rumours he will quit on Nov 25

rooster59

By THE NATION

800_229e59219e93557.png

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Friday said he had never offered to resign, quashing rumours that he would step down before November 25.

Prominent human-rights lawyer Arnon Nampa, who is also one of the core leaders of the pro-democracy movement, had posted a Facebook message earlier on Friday, saying Prayut “might” resign before November 25, the date protesters have scheduled another rally at the Crown Property Bureau in Bangkok’s Dusit district.

“You must ask the person who said it where he got the information from, as I’ve never made contact with Arnon, leader of Ratsadon protester group,” said Prayut. “As they have scheduled another rally on November 25, I believe it is just a propaganda to invite more people to join the protest.

“Should we continue to believe the person who spreads groundless information like this? That is all I’m going to say,” added the prime minister.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398341?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-21

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was rather hoping that he would have gotten the message by now, shame he hasn't.

With regard to the army housing, don't be surprised if all of a sudden a document surfaces (backdated of course) giving him permission to reside at aforementioned house.

And finally, as I understand it, the ultimate person in charge, wants him to remain in the post channeling most of the country's wealth to him.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Bummer! Because...

...if he resigned, this would give TV stations the opportunity to fill his prime time slot every Friday with a program that could bring more happiness back to the people than he ever was able to... like a new game show with lots and lots of "kratoey" contestants or a soap opera with a ludicrously contrived plot.

I take it you were never in his singalong group with his happy songs.

1 hour ago, TVGerry said:

What's the point if he resigns? It's not like his replacement is going to be any more effective. Or progressive.

True, but it will be nice not having to accidentally see his face on tele or hear his tenuous grasp on the Thai language anymore.

He grates on me in every way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I thought the rumour was he’d be pushed out at the beginning of December for living on an army compound even though he’s ‘officially’ not in the army anymore. 

Apparently it’s a way of saving face for him. Not sure how being kicked out of office for a very basic oversight is saving face - just confirms that with oversights like this that he was grossly inept and should never have been allowed to be in his position. 

Prem stayed in his army house until the end of his very long life.  Another one of these laws to use as required, I think.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Hero-General is a crafty fellow….and he’s no doubt holding out to be lured by a more tempting, ‘well-heeled’ offer.

How about…if he resigns on the 25th he will get….

- three nights free accommodation at the world famous Nana Hotel.

- complimentary breakfast throughout his stay.

- complimentary ‘welcome’ drink at Hooters .

- free wake-up call on the 28th.

- free ground transportation to the airport of his choice (not to exceed 25 km).

- no added charge for luggage (not to exceed three pieces).

- free 'fast track' check-in.

Even a savvy ‘premier’ bargainer like the Hero-General will find it hard to pass on such an elite deal.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

"That's all I'm going to say."

For that I'm grateful. I'm really fed up with you droning on and on at every occasion. You are like a diesel generator, rumbling at the same octave for hours without any modulation or pitch change. Boring! 

GENERAL-ly, I can concur with that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I thought the rumour was he’d be pushed out at the beginning of December for living on an army compound even though he’s ‘officially’ not in the army anymore. 

Apparently it’s a way of saving face for him. Not sure how being kicked out of office for a very basic oversight is saving face - just confirms that with oversights like this that he was grossly inept and should never have been allowed to be in his position. 

A beautiful scenario. I can't think if a more grand situation, as Thaksin Shinawatra, marches triumphantly

back into the capital. The thought of those criminal Generals dropping through those trap doors to their well-desserved fate, is a long-awaited event.