Problems with Kasikorn Bank

I've been having an issue  viewing my K Cyber page with Kasikorn Bank the past 3 days. 

I called the bank to seek help and was told they're  aware of an issue with Firefox.

Anyone else so impacted?     The more that call the bank, hopefully the faster the matter will be resolved.

The page appears like this..       Code or language?

1902393250_kbankscreen.png.04d55cbb7bbde8979614860c3ea6fdf8.png

3 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

I've been having an issue  viewing my K Cyber page with Kasikorn Bank the past 3 days. 

I called the bank to seek help and was told they're  aware of an issue with Firefox.

Anyone else so impacted?     The more that call the bank, hopefully the faster the matter will be resolved.

1902393250_kbankscreen.png.04d55cbb7bbde8979614860c3ea6fdf8.png

I had same problem was told they did not know why but should try Google which is working ok for me now I was using Edge browser

Edited by offset

7 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

image.png.5c900ace62fcf5ae628072dd1b5e855b.png

It certainly looks like your Firefox (mac version) is misinterpreting the html CharSet or Language declaration setting for the page, or it could be missing. Or the banks CMS database pushing data elements for the webserver to render the page is using an incorrect character encoding.

If you're already running the current version [ ≡ (menu), select HELP > About Firefox ]

then you can try clearing browsing date [ ≡ (menu), Options  Privacy & Security , Cookies and Site Data : X_Cookies and Site Date X_Cached Web Content ]

Log back in and try again.

Edited by RichCor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

I have a different kind of issue where it won't let me transfer any money out. It just says enable wifi in settings but in settings that option is ghosted out. Glad it is not my primary account or it would be a disaster

Screenshot_20201122_112713_com.kasikorn.retail.mbanking.wap.jpg

Screenshot_20201122_113109_com.kasikorn.retail.mbanking.wap.jpg

Often it will keep insisting on WiFi being enabled even if it is enabled because it detects your primary connection as mobile data (or cellular connection). Had a similar issue last year and I simply turned off the mobile data connection. Worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mvdf said:

Often it will keep insisting on WiFi being enabled even if it is enabled because it detects your primary connection as mobile data (or cellular connection). Had a similar issue last year and I simply turned off the mobile data connection. Worked.

I think I have tried it every which way.

Try it with data it says enable wifi which is not selectable.

Try with wifi and data off. Same. 

Now it's giving me this. 

It may just be the Thai way of locking an account. Lock it but instead of just saying "locked" make it confusing as hell. 

Nothings ever straightforward

Screenshot_20201122_131704_com.kasikorn.retail.mbanking.wap.jpg

Me too.  I was just logged in and working away setting up future transactions when I suddenly got the problem.  I logged out, opened a new tab and tried again but got the same rubbish on the screen.  So I closed the Firefox browser & opened it again.  I was then able to log in and work again properly.  I always use private tabs for everything and that effectively clears the cache anyway.  Something must be getting left behind that makes Firefox do a whoopsie.

1 hour ago, fabruer said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Countless times.    But thanks for the reminder.    Tomorrow, I'll have to go to a local branch and request a new password.    

1 hour ago, DiDiChok said:

Me too.  I was just logged in and working away setting up future transactions when I suddenly got the problem.  I logged out, opened a new tab and tried again but got the same rubbish on the screen.  So I closed the Firefox browser & opened it again.  I was then able to log in and work again properly.  I always use private tabs for everything and that effectively clears the cache anyway.  Something must be getting left behind that makes Firefox do a whoopsie.

You and another poster confirm what I was told by the Kasikorn Customer Service Center that there are current issues with the Firefox  browser.    The browser has the password saved but doesn't show it in the saved password file.      The screenshot I posted shows that I'm logged in.      I can't find where I wrote  the password  down in my binder.      I'll be headed off to the bank tomorrow.   ????

Edited by Andy from Kent

53 minutes ago, caughtintheact said:

In Firefox go to View > Text Encoding and change the encoding to Unicode if it hows something else. This might be a message about a planned outage.image.png.c1d4f2e4aab42ba1c0cdc3169340e192.png

Test encoding on my Mac is ghosted out.    But is was a good idea!     Thanks

5 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I have a different kind of issue where it won't let me transfer any money out. It just says enable wifi in settings but in settings that option is ghosted out. Glad it is not my primary account or it would be a disaster

You need to be in Thailand and using mobile data from your registered SIM card to enable it. I can see from the screenshot that you're in Australia and using roaming ???? 

23 hours ago, Chris.B said:

In the meantime, you could use their app if you have a smartphone.

Or just use Safari. I've always had issues with Mac version of FF, so I've stopped using it.

Also, "refresh Firefox" option in Firefox might help - it will delete all user data.

• Haha 1

To:  sikishrory:

You are looking for the setting to enable WiFi access  in entirely the wrong place.  When in the Kasikorn Bank app on the phone, sign in and press the ฿ in a circle at the bottom with Banking underneath it.  Then enter your pin and your home page should appear.  You may then go to their home page by pressing "Home" at the bottom.  Then press the three dots with More underneath them at the bottom of the screen on the right.  Then press Settings at the top of the page that appears.  Then press the right arrow for the second item in the list which is Security.  On the page that appears the second item in the list is Enable access via WiFi, and you should move the slider to the right to enable it.  That's all you need to do.

You should also look at all the other settings in 'settings' to see if there's something else that you'd like to change, like your photo or transaction limits or enabling PromptPay.

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I don't trust mobile banking.

Because of what? Loggin in on your internet bank account brings just as many risks. As always it is about the user itself and the settings used. In case of Kbank it is likely to be more safe using their app than old website system.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

I had the exact same issue in Chrome (latest version) 
It was there for 3 days. I just contacted Kasikorn support. 

I cleared my cookies and now it works fine. 
Clear the cookies either for Kasikorn or clear all cookies. close your browser and open it again 

She will have money for shopping. 

17 hours ago, salsajapan said:

you can also be smart and use chrome or brave...

firefox is krap, the whole world knows it now !

Chrome is garbage too and full of spyware.

Brave is ok when it doesn't break anything, but it's still Chromium-based and hence has the same bugs.

I find Safari to be the least bloated modern browser. But to each their own.

• Haha 1

I am getting the exact same screen that the OP is getting, but i am using Chrome.  It started to show on sunday and then i am still getting it on monday.  I just tried Edge browser and it works fine with that, but hopefully kasikorn will fix it soon so it works on all browsers

i tried running ccleaner, but that hasnt helped

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, redpill17 said:

Chrome is garbage too and full of spyware.

Brave is ok when it doesn't break anything, but it's still Chromium-based and hence has the same bugs.

I find Safari to be the least bloated modern browser. But to each their own.

oh ! a ridiculous apple fan boy !

chome and brave are buggy ? joke of the day !!!

hahahaha can't stop laughing when reading these brainwashed apple fan boys who perfectly know nothing and seem proud of it !

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, salsajapan said:

oh ! a ridiculous apple fan boy !

chome and brave are buggy ? joke of the day !!!

hahahaha can't stop laughing when reading these brainwashed apple fan boys who perfectly know nothing and seem proud of it !

Says Google fan boy?

Let me guess, you've never had Apple products.

Hope you enjoy Google spying on everything you do.

Good laugh indeed ????

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, sikishrory said:

Screenshot_20201122_112713_com.kasikorn.retail.mbanking.wap.jpg

Screenshot_20201122_113109_com.kasikorn.retail.mbanking.wap.jpg

You have to enable WIFI, as shown in photo one.