Thai Consulate LAX - Response Time

Anybody successfully got a CoE (and/or TR Visa) from the LA Consulate very recently?

I submitted my application online 9 working days ago. No response so far. Starting to get nervous. I have tickets, ASQ, evidence of funds, insurance, all as then required.

• Like 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Success.  I received the COE today via email about 7:30 PM California time so they do appear to be working extra hours.  Email subject was "Step 3/3: Certificate of Entry for (LA)."  The date I upload

I got my COE through LA. Don't call them over the phone. Send them an email. PM me and I will give you details 

Anybody successfully got a CoE (and/or TR Visa) from the LA Consulate very recently?   I submitted my application online 9 working days ago. No response so far. Starting to get nervous. I ha

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Which website did you use ? The one below, if so you need to apply on the Thai Embassy D C website. The one below will not be used until Jan 2021 for US citizens. 

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

That link doesn't work for Americans except for Diplomats and International Officers only. They need to fix it.

Edited by gt162
5 hours ago, gt162 said:

That link doesn't work for Americans except for Diplomats and International Officers only. They need to fix it.

The embassy in the states and the 3 official consulates have a different site.

They use this one. https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

When applying you enter the state you are living in and the application will be sent to the embassy or the designated consulate for that state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, radjag said:

Anybody successfully got a CoE (and/or TR Visa) from the LA Consulate very recently?

I submitted my application online 9 working days ago. No response so far. Starting to get nervous. I have tickets, ASQ, evidence of funds, insurance, all as then required.

Have you had a response re step 1 has been passed ?

From the LA Consulate, I received an email request to "Please Upload Additional Documents" within 24 hours of filing the initial application and checking "no" on having a ticket and ASQ hotel.  I did have the ticket but not the ASQ confirmation.  Basically filed it maybe after midnight Friday PST and Consulate sent an email Saturday close to midnight, about 3 hours ago.   I had expected it would be at least late Monday, but most likely a few days to get a response, so that was a surprise.

I did use the website link on the DC Embassy that has the pull down for the State at the top.

» Online Application for Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE) (thaiembdc.org)

One other thing is it was 7 days to complete (ticket with proof of payment and ASQ Confirmation), or the application would be deleted.  So the timeframe is shorter than others have been given.

I used the ASQ group(s) on Facebook to find hotels that were promoting their places.  Many have cut their rates and the only way to know is through that group or Smart Search Tool for ASQ Thailand Hotels - Find Cheap ASQ package (wanderthai.com) which many of the hotel promoters link to,  or Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotels in Thailand | THAIest

Also, many will state their deposit and cancellation policies on the Facebook page, so you don't waste your time with one that requires 50% or all up front.

I do need to get a visa so the next step is them telling me to send the package in.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Carmine6 said:

I did use the website link on the DC Embassy that has the pull down for the State at the t

» Online Application for Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE) (thaiembdc.org)

Helpful links.  Thanks.  When I got to the DC Embassy page for uploading docs it requested everything.  ASQ, flight ticket etc.  Since I don't know if my Non OA visa will be approved smoothly, I'm concerned about booking a flight ahead of time.  Many airlines have relaxed (or eliminated) change fees, so perhaps not an issue.

-Did you have your flight booked when applying?  

-What deposit did you make for your ASQ? Looks like there are options for ASQ's with minimal deposits.  Hopefully they allow date changes if necessary.

Any good sites for Semi Commercial flights other than this one? https://thaiest.com/blog/semi-commercial-flights-to-thailand-november-2020

Edited by farangkrab
On 11/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, radjag said:

Are you aware Thailand has been on a 3day public holiday. Embassies abroad will not be working.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Are you aware Thailand has been on a 3day public holiday. Embassies abroad will not be working.

It was 2 holidays and a weekend.

There were not holidays at the embassies and official consulates in the US and possibley others. Check their websites.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, petedowning75 said:

I am in the same situation . I applied to LA thai embassy and it is 7 day  no update. I sent an email also  no response . I call them  every day the lady keeps sayig  read online and wait  because your country has lot of covid . 

I got a response for submitting return ticket also .