How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I also hear that at least a couple of beer bars on Soi 6 have ip cams set up where stuck-at-home punters can buy their favorite bar girls ladies drinks via the bars FaceBook page.

Not limited to Soi 6 (Soi Buakhao and side Sois e.g.) and a couple of live streams on youtube (don't know what payment channel they use).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This is a good (and needed) thread title.....That should cover just about everything Covid related in Pattaya as far as businesses go..

Speaking of massage shops on Pattaya Klang.....I have gotten to where I almost dread walking to Big C Extra because you have to walk past a bunch of massage shops, and boy are they desperate for customers...

I honestly think the girls are only working there due to lack of other employment options....Its sad....

Some of my favourite massage shops have already closed on Klang, I think it's likely ladies who previously were strict on massage only now do specials because of no customers 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I heard a couple of months back that the TQ on Beach was in a deep hole and struggling to keep the doors open. Anyone know if it's still struggling?

I also hear that at least a couple of beer bars on Soi 6 have ip cams set up where stuck-at-home punters can buy their favorite bar girls ladies drinks via the bars FaceBook page. Apparently it's 300 baht a pop and the girls seem to be doing OK. Not sure if it matters if the punter is in Northampton or Naklua either.

Recently on soi 6 and was concerned about this and how it might impact fun. One bar was streaming it's live feed from a 'closed' bar also into a nearby open bar, customers, if they did not like the selection in the open place, could request company from the screen. Girls were rotated.... liked the idea and it gave something to watch too. 

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes desperate but 80 baht is better than zero baht and it's working already, busy, for this weekend anyway

Not sure if this weekend is a good measuring stick as it's the tail end of a Thai holiday weekend. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, carlyai said:

The place I used to go has the sauna still going but the girls are gone, except the one that used to massage me. She's selling fruit from a stall near the sauna, and massaging when a customer comes.

Hope she washes her hands before selling the fruit again. ????

The oil would get on the fruit.

Where is the sauna?

• Like 1

Just now, carlyai said:

On the way to Naglua ...a few 100 m from the Dolphin round a bout.  Called Pattaya Sauna. Bit broken down and not maintained at the moment. I wouldn't recommend it, but I've been going there for years. 

Thanks. Have been there. Good to know it is open. I usually go to the one across from Central Marina but is closed ATM.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Wonder how it gets split between the girl and the shop. 

they split it in half, the workers depend on tip

to make a living, this is the one case where i do tip, 50 baht,

if they are trying, if nothing else to ensure they want to give me massage again, but unfortunately its difficult to find real quality, i have been on a string of luck for the past 3 years having access to quality, before they would just vanish within 3 month after i finally found them

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I heard a couple of months back that the TQ on Beach was in a deep hole and struggling to keep the doors open. Anyone know if it's still struggling?

On 10/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, NanLaew said:

I heard a rumor last month that the TQ on Beach was in dire straits and close to shuttering. Any news on that?

Somebody seems to have tapped your Loop icon, man. Need to lock that thang down.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:24 PM, BigStar said:

Tough market now, obviously, but TQ's surviving. Needed to cut back on opening hours, staff, and salaries. Won a break on the rent from the landlord.  The quality of the lineup and the music improved. Talked to one of the honchos and received no sense of foreboding. I wouldn't pay much attention to rumors.

Will and Supertom are having a b'day party on Nov. 21, so good at least until then.???? Tip generously.

Will and Supertom's party was quite a blast, place was packed out just like the old days. Happiest girls in Pattaya for one night anyway.

Speaking of packed out, so was Hops, all the way to the third floor. Had to wait 30 min on our orders. Quality hasn't slipped, still excellent.

• Haha 2