How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

On 4/2/2021 at 7:03 AM, jacko45k said:

<snip>

I do dislike the pressure in some GCs as they simply act as knocking shops. 

ACT as????? ????????

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Of course, people will be wanting to live the dream more than ever after covid, more taking early retirement

Who's going to rush into starting a business here, even after covid?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

I am not a slow drinker but as soon as they start shaking my bottle to check the contents i checkbin and go.

I thought they did that as a service gesture to refill if you were dry, not as a hint to buy more.

Know that I think of it they sometimes take the bottle when empty which seems rude.

7 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Was in Pattaya a couple of weeks ago with partner. Found a bar called Blue Cafe in amongst the girlie bars on Soi Buakhao. No girls,large beer 70 and watched the Footie.

Actually they have three/four ladies and although not classed as "hard core" bar girls they are available to some for "take away" .....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

I thought they did that as a service gesture to refill if you were dry, not as a hint to buy more.

Know that I think of it they sometimes take the bottle when empty which seems rude.

If it was a service gesture, they would just ask if you want another. Shaking it implies either order another or leave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Was in Pattaya a couple of weeks ago with partner. Found a bar called Blue Cafe in amongst the girlie bars on Soi Buakhao. No girls,large beer 70 and watched the Footie.

you just arrived after the girls had been barfined.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

There are a few places that do large beers for 50+, small beers seem too small these days

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There are a few places that do large beers for 50+, small beers seem too small these days

They must make a killing on that, because I can't recall any large beer that can be purchased for less than 54 Baht

Edited by Susco

41 minutes ago, Susco said:

They must make a killing on that, because I can't recall any large beer that can be purchased for less than 54 Baht

The beer I drink at home is Baht 580 for a case of 12, Baht 48 each. The same beer I drink when I go out with a couple of mates is Baht 55. Must admit it's not a girlie bar but we enjoy the banter and watching the world go by ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

They bulk buy so get discounts I'm sure plus have a high volume of customers so make money, they seem happy enough

In my area it's fairly busy the business's that are surviving is where farang are involved in the last week another 7/11 and a Family Mart closed down and another 7/11 that I use regular is looking that way they cleared a load of shelves out and spread the noodles out so the shelves dont look completely empty, the other day I fancied some cake so jumped on the bike to 7 they had nothing no bakery.

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Demand and supply, less is better, I've always thought that

Sure, but what time frame do you put on it?  I can't see it happening as soon as the borders open.  It could take years for many of the vacant premises to be leased again.  

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Still seeing more new openings than closings, including a new club in the Avenue, called Cetus Club that opened on 1st of April.

154983983_170276928235060_5133422632.thumb.jpg.e7b96a21edfd0d88f34a4eaf0d572030.jpg

The Avenue seems an odd location for a karaoke and I did not notice any evidence of it when I went by there last night. Still. 

I will be going past again tomorrow and as I am now aware of it's existence I will have a nosey. 

Their online bits are contradictory, a soft opening on the 1st April is mentioned but their advertising goes back to November. 

Sappo has chewed up and spat out greater than I so there is no more to be said. 

18 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

If it was a service gesture, they would just ask if you want another. Shaking it implies either order another or leave.

Since that is how they make their money hardly surprising. 

22 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Still seeing more new openings than closings, including a new club in the Avenue, called Cetus Club that opened on 1st of April.

154983983_170276928235060_5133422632.thumb.jpg.e7b96a21edfd0d88f34a4eaf0d572030.jpg

Could this be the nightclub that was rumoured to be going into the Pook complex on Soi Bukhao?  

Well the place is there at the Avenue and possibly the only bar/club locally that does not have shoyte music blasting out everywhere. Three security staff on the door but no punters milling around. Best of luck to them. 

The beer bar nearest Kiss Food has re-opened, and has the live music back on. That makes two bars open in that complex now. 

There do seem to be signs of life about, people expecting an uptick for Songkran and the school holidays perhaps. 

On 4/6/2021 at 12:47 AM, rott said:

Well the place is there at the Avenue and possibly the only bar/club locally that does not have shoyte music blasting out everywhere. Three security staff on the door but no punters milling around. Best of luck to them. . 

Closed until the situation improves.

• Haha 1