How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

On 4/6/2021 at 6:47 AM, rott said:

Well the place is there at the Avenue and possibly the only bar/club locally that does not have shoyte music blasting out everywhere. Three security staff on the door but no punters milling around. Best of luck to them. 

The beer bar nearest Kiss Food has re-opened, and has the live music back on. That makes two bars open in that complex now. 

There do seem to be signs of life about, people expecting an uptick for Songkran and the school holidays perhaps. 

The requirements in get into Thailand are brutal and $$$ I really dont think there are many more farang on the ground than 2-3 months ago... 

4 hours ago, poskat said:

will restaurants be closed also?

So far not included. But if bars are closed, and restaurants, as usual, start serving drinkers, it would surely follow, as before.

Edited by jacko45k

On 4/9/2021 at 3:04 PM, jacko45k said:

So far not included. But if bars are closed, and restaurants, as usual, start serving drinkers, it would surely follow, as before.

Bound to happen.  Should be take only.  

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hungry Hippo has upped his prices the last week or two, not sure what his strategy is, less customers for sure

Would you say the selection and quality has been held or not?  I was beginning to think all the better items are off the menu these days. Bad sign for the future, upping prices in that demographic. 

On 11/21/2020 at 5:24 AM, scammed said:

i saw a massage shop next to me lowered it to 100 now promotion, i am contemplating trying it out,

but i really dont like to try out new places when i finally found a place with effective massage, in my experience 90% is not worth the time let alone money,

its pure luck to find competence

are u a massage client expert.  whats the trick to getting good massage lady?

1 hour ago, yogavnture said:

are u a massage client expert.  whats the trick to getting good massage lady?

Way up here my massage lady informed my wife 10 mins ago that the town has closed , first time in years no massage . Last lockdown I hid the car round the corner but she was still working.

19 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/profitable-well-known-popular-restaurant-business-in-central-pattaya-419470

Plenty of places for sale, lots of GO-GO's, live the dream.

Bollywood a go-go is about the same price as a cheap apartment, and you could just live there when it's closed. 1.4 million, but the rent is 60k.

For 4 floors including two apartments right off the beach. Sounds too cheap. I wonder if there's a catch.

Edited by DerbyDan

3 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

Bollywood a go-go is about the same price as a cheap apartment, and you could just live there when it's closed. 1.4 million, but the rent is 60k.

For 4 floors including two apartments right off the beach. Sounds too cheap. I wonder if there's a catch.

the catch is no customers, never were any and the soi is desolate even pre covid

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Would you say the selection and quality has been held or not?  I was beginning to think all the better items are off the menu these days. Bad sign for the future, upping prices in that demographic. 

Quality of the thing's I've had the same, but I've mostly gone elsewhere now as some things i like are elsewhere at similar\cheaper prices. He's always messing around with prices and it gets annoying

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the catch is no customers, never were any and the soi is desolate even pre covid

Well they are not going to magically appear, I would need to put a sign out on the street or something. Beach road is just a half a soi up, plenty of people wandering around there.

May also need to change the name to Holly's Woody A Go-Go

img_111051_1615712424_45912.jpg

Edited by DerbyDan

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

A happy and social manager who talks to the customers is good for business.   

Thats exactly what Imentioned.3 old efforts I dont get.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:40 AM, Olmate said:

If he smiled occasionally it might help!

On 4/12/2021 at 10:27 AM, DerbyDan said:

is just for the lease not the freehold.?

24 minutes ago, Olmate said:

3 old efforts I dont get.

He can't flip this one, which is where he makes his money.  He's stuck with it.  I gather he's not so happy about it.  

The ill health is a joke, because he's been in ill health for years, all the while, developing and selling restaurants.  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Leaver said:

He can't flip this one, which is where he makes his money.  He's stuck with it.  I gather he's not so happy about it.  

The ill health is a joke, because he's been in ill health for years, all the while, developing and selling restaurants.  

Im sure the staff would welcome a new owner! 

8 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Im sure the staff would welcome a new owner! 

I don't see the staff moaning about him, he runs a tight ship which is why he's successful. Personally i couldn't care less if he says hello or not but I appreciate in a customer facing business it's better if you do

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

He's a real tool, I mean spatula.

Edited by DerbyDan