How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

43 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I thought massage shops had to close.......... what about your area are they closed? where I live they are open

As mentioned before 'Traditional' massage parlors are allowed to be open. But don't ask me to define that. Remember a few years ago many got new signs saying 'Health Massage' and likely is something to do with licencing.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 8:41 PM, DerbyDan said:

He's a real tool, I mean spatula.

He's actually quite good at what he does, but it looks like he will be stuck with HH for quite a while, or take a big hit on its eventual sale.  

On 11/21/2020 at 9:01 PM, redwood1 said:

This is a good (and needed) thread title.....That should cover just about everything Covid related in Pattaya as far as businesses go..

Speaking of massage shops on Pattaya Klang.....I have gotten to where I almost dread walking to Big C Extra because you have to walk past a bunch of massage shops, and boy are they desperate for customers...

I honestly think the girls are only working there due to lack of other employment options....Its sad....

If it wasn't for Government payments, many would be destitute. A tip, and a bit of sweet talk, puts a smile on their faces.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:26 PM, Leaver said:

He's actually quite good at what he does, but it looks like he will be stuck with HH for quite a while, or take a big hit on its eventual sale.  

Hey HH is the most busy restaurant in Pattaya.....Not much to complain about..... 

On 11/22/2020 at 5:59 AM, jacko45k said:

Recently on soi 6 and was concerned about this and how it might impact fun. One bar was streaming it's live feed from a 'closed' bar also into a nearby open bar, customers, if they did not like the selection in the open place, could request company from the screen. Girls were rotated.... liked the idea and it gave something to watch too. 

Some jealous wench gets hold  of the footage, posts it on Facebook, and a guys life could be seriously damaged.

12 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Some jealous wench gets hold  of the footage, posts it on Facebook, and a guys life could be seriously damaged.

No guys were being filmed in the instance I mentioned and you quoted. Mostly it is just the girls scrounging before the cameras. In some other bars I have seen how customers actively avoid the cameras though. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 12:41 AM, Leaver said:

A happy and social manager who talks to the customers is good for business.   

I had that happen, but not at HH. It felt kind of weird, like he was doing it to get you back in the door.

I don't think it's easy to do correctly and naturally unless you are one of those rare people who are truly outgoing and friendly.

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 12:22 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Still seeing more new openings than closings, including a new club in the Avenue, called Cetus Club that opened on 1st of April.

154983983_170276928235060_5133422632.thumb.jpg.e7b96a21edfd0d88f34a4eaf0d572030.jpg

According to the Thaiger they have 3 covid infections. 

Considering they were supposedly only open less than a week that may be a record. 

Shows the dangers posed by closed door / aircon places. 

Edited by rott
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rott said:

According to the Thaiger they have 3 covid infections. 

Considering they were supposedly only open less than a week that may be a record. 

Shows the dangers posed by closed door / aircon places. 

Plenty of more open places on the list too..... Celona for example. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Plenty of more open places on the list too..... Celona for example. 

True, I couldn't just place it, I used to cut through LK but rarely drank there so not that familiar with them all. Daft name anyway. Plus they will have been open more hours and seen more punters than Cetus which is another strange name. 

Are the massage places still officially closed? A few may not realise it. 

3 minutes ago, rott said:

True, I couldn't just place it, I used to cut through LK but rarely drank there so not that familiar with them all. Daft name anyway. Plus they will have been open more hours and seen more punters than Cetus which is another strange name. 

Are the massage places still officially closed? A few may not realise it. 

Another was mentioned, I believe the  one on the Bua Khao and Honey corner. 

I expect all the MPs are closed now, they were included.... although I have not yet been into town for several days, and am wondering if I really need to today.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Another was mentioned, I believe the  one on the Bua Khao and Honey corner. 

I expect all the MPs are closed now, they were included.... although I have not yet been into town for several days, and am wondering if I really need to today.

Some massage shops open as usual, you know, the ones that always stay open but more discretely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope is still springing eternal, two empty shop houses nearby "have the builders in", one I am told will be a currency exchange and the other a gold shop. Time will tell. 

One was previously a bar/guest house, the other a massage place

Further up, the building formerly the Far East Rock is being completely ripped apart and converted to apartments. 

Some people still have the confidence to invest their cash, good luck to them. 

Edited by rott

11 minutes ago, rott said:

Hope is still springing eternal, two empty shop houses nearby "have the builders in", one I am told will be a currency exchange and the other a gold shop. Time will tell. 

Further up, the building formerly the Far East Rock is being completely ripped apart and converted to apartments. 

I found that amazing around where I live new business's opening 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, redwood1 said:

Hey HH is the most busy restaurant in Pattaya.....Not much to complain about..... 

His business model was to get a run down place and redevelop it into a restaurant, then have a menu of stable western favourites at a cheap price.  The cheap prices would make the restaurant appear busy and successful, so then he would advertise it for sale, due to ill heath. 

He made money on the redevelopment, not on the 6 months of selling 100 baht meals.  

Once sold, he would start another redevelopment.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nest was sold years ago I thought? totally overpriced so flopped

That is why I put a question mark.... I thought it may have been but retained the name. Closed up first wave I believe, but I thought it was to allow him to focus on the one he wanted to sell. 

Hey anyone who goes to Big C Extra.......Take note of the grill in the meat department....

As I reported earlier in this thread the Big C Extra meat department has been taken over by some hi-so company and prices have gone up alot..

That grill use to be as busy as a 5 dollar brothel but ever since the changeover that grill has been grilling very little (at least when I have been there) I think other farang and Thais have voted with their feet same as me..... 

Edited by redwood1

One business that opened  during Covid that has bucked the trend and been a success is that big " Chao Doi " tea/coffee shop along Jomtien Beach Road.  They've got the formula right, good product range with reasonable pricing,  location is as busy an area as anywhere throughout the last year , plenty of well shaded outdoor seating and no sizeable competition. Anytime I go in there are a few orders in front of me and the trade is always continuous.  Shrewd operator whoever owns it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Hey anyone who goes to Big C Extra.......Take note of the grill in the meat department....

As I reported earlier in this thread the Big C Extra meat department has been taken over by some hi-so company and prices have gone up alot..

That grill use to be as busy as a 5 dollar brothel but ever since the changeover that grill has been grilling very little (at least when I have been there) I think other farang and Thais have voted with their feet same as me..... 

Never used it, can’t figure why you would want someone to kill your $20 tbone or lamb chop!you know it makes sense????!

22 hours ago, rott said:

I'm quite sad about that...FER and the other Gogos on that Soi used to be  amongst my favourite afternoon places. Mind you they were struggling LONG before Covid.

• Like 1