First 90 days report with account balance

Hi, I got retirement visa last October with 2 months account balance in the bank for 800,000baht.  To report my first 90 day, I need to show the balance maintain of that amount of money for 3 month.  Do I need just update my bank account book only or do I need to get again letter from the bank to justify my balance?  Thank you.

OP, you do not need bank letter. Sounds like your dealing with rubbish immigration office AKA Jomtien.

To be 100% safe do an update of your bankbook showing the 800k. Attend I'm office show bankbook. 

Aside some confusion can arise that thinking it's related to 90 day address report. It's not.

In fact the money in bank check is 3 months post application..

It's only required at couple of rogue offices.

11 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Ratchaburi requires the bank book and letter 90 days after your extension.

I find this 3 month report back interesting in the sense that lets say you skip it and then attend for your next extension. If you maintained the 800k 3 month post and the following requirements min 400k etc, what are their options? Refuse your extension.

Many reports of folk obtaining extension retirement at Jomtien and needing to ask about return back stamp with date that previously was automatic. Seemed to become slack.

There is ~ 78 offices. So we have Jomtien and Ratchaburi on the list. Any other rubbish imm offices?

9 hours ago, zzzzz said:

do it online and no question about bank book

The online 90 day address reporting is the only one that can be done on-line. Verification that 800,000 has been maintained in the bank is a separate requirement (required only in a few regions). They can both be done attending the IO but at separate desks.  

On 11/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, playboy said:

Hi, I got retirement visa last October with 2 months account balance in the bank for 800,000baht.  To report my first 90 day, I need to show the balance maintain of that amount of money for 3 month.  Do I need just update my bank account book only or do I need to get again letter from the bank to justify my balance?  Thank you.

If Chonburi (Pattaya, Jomtien Soi 5) Pattaya Immigration, they will accept only the passbook (it should show all transactions/balances) for the 3 months -- if a net entry, then they may want statements from bank.

That said, they have not always been consistent - some given a date to report, others not.  Also, those doing the reporting before the 90 day ends have been told to return - those reporting after the date, no problems.  Those reporting say that nothing is written down, no acknowledgements given, etc.  So, it appears they do not have a tracking system for such reports.

When doing your next extension at Jomtien, they will require copies of your passbook for the preceding 12 months to show you met the 800k for the 3 months after last extension and have not let it fall below 400k for the period up to 2 months before the next extension (at which time it must be brought back up to 800k).   As mentioned, if you have not kept the passbook up to date and have any "net entries" (all deposits/withdrawals shown in total for a period), then Jomtien will want Bank certified statements for the period.

On 11/21/2020 at 9:18 PM, zzzzz said:

AFAIK < ONLY pattaya ask for ur bank book to verify you have the 800,000 still there> an even that has nothing to do with ur 90 day report
Otherwise
do it online and no question about bank book

Not true. Other offices also require people granted extensions based on retirement using the money in bank qualification to prove the funds are still there 3 month later. My office staple a reminder next to the new extension stamp. It confirms the date you need to prove the funds AND a reminder that failure to maintain the funds will cancel the extension. When going back they want to see passport and bank book updated that day; with copies of passport ID,  latest extension stamp, bank book ID page and page showing updated balance. 5 minute job if you've maintained the balance. They also remind you not to go below 400k for the year.

Correct - it's not connected at all to 90 day reporting. 

Today I visited Jomtien for 90  day 'Bank Checking'.

No need to queue for a ticket  at the reception . Reception will not give you one.

Go straight to desk 8.

Look for the sign 'Bank Checking'.  Do not sit down -physically get into  the queue -if there is one.

Present just 5 papers.

1) The paper that was issued to you by immigration when you successful obtained your extension (90 days before)

2) Main page of relevant bankbook

3) Page showing   bank balance . This page must detail the balance on this 'Bank Checking ' day.

4 ) Main page passport

5) Page showing current visa extension  stamp.

Keep the bank book and passport to hand (just in case)

That's it.

Very simple -very quick.

8 hours ago, soisanuk said:

If Chonburi (Pattaya, Jomtien Soi 5) Pattaya Immigration, they will accept only the passbook (it should show all transactions/balances) for the 3 months -- if a net entry, then they may want statements from bank.

That said, they have not always been consistent - some given a date to report, others not.  Also, those doing the reporting before the 90 day ends have been told to return - those reporting after the date, no problems.  Those reporting say that nothing is written down, no acknowledgements given, etc.  So, it appears they do not have a tracking system for such reports.

When doing your next extension at Jomtien, they will require copies of your passbook for the preceding 12 months to show you met the 800k for the 3 months after last extension and have not let it fall below 400k for the period up to 2 months before the next extension (at which time it must be brought back up to 800k).   As mentioned, if you have not kept the passbook up to date and have any "net entries" (all deposits/withdrawals shown in total for a period), then Jomtien will want Bank certified statements for the period.

nothing is NEEDED only passport.....if signing in again.......

12 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

nothing is NEEDED only passport.....if signing in again.......

Post makes no sense to me - what do you mean by "if signing in again".  Or you perhaps are referring to 90 day address reporting - WHICH IS NOT THE SAME as 90 day bank checking. 

Jomtien Immigration has a requirement for those extending their stay using 800k in the bank to return 90 days later to show they have kept that amount on deposit for the required 3 months. As shown by Delight's post to this thread, additional documents are needed.

For the 90 day address reporting at Jomtien, one does need only their passport as it contains the previous "receipt" for 90 day reporting which has a bar code - usually stapled in the passport. The Immigration Officer removes the "receipt", scans the bar code, and prints out a new "receipt" showing next reporting date, staples that into the passport, and returns passport.

Samui Immigration wanted photocopies of Bankbook, needed to have withdrawal on the day.

Just to be on the safe side I also got a bank letter and 4 months statements.

The "Plump" one just scowled at me as usual, but kept all the papers.

Normally if there is something they don't need she throws it back at you! 

:1zgarz5::cheesy:

On 11/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, NE1 said:

Ratchaburi requires the bank book and letter 90 days after your extension.

Hmmm. That is worrisome.

When I extended Ratchaburi in late April, there was no mention nor any "reminder" paperwork about reporting back pafter 90 days.

When did you attend? Were you told verbally, or given a piece of paper to confirm?

33 minutes ago, Dah fahrang said:

Hmmm. That is worrisome.

Attended a couple of weeks ago , got a verbal , then I asked for a specific date and got a piece of paper with the date on it .

It is not in conjuction with my own 90 day report  , as they are 2 weeks or so apart.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:33 PM, NE1 said:

Attended a couple of weeks ago , got a verbal , then I asked for a specific date and got a piece of paper with the date on it .

It is not in conjuction with my own 90 day report  , as they are 2 weeks or so apart.

Thanks!

I got neither back in April. So when I go back again next April 2021, will use that fact as my line of defense, should they start any "monkey business". I'll leave well alone until then. I don't go in person for 90 Day Reports - their online service to date is reliable and quick - 2 days from apply to approve.

3 minutes ago, Dah fahrang said:

Thanks!

I got neither back in April. So when I go back again next April 2021, will use that fact as my line of defense, should they start any "monkey business". I'll leave well alone until then. I don't go in person for 90 Day Reports - their online service to date is reliable and quick - 2 days from apply to approve.

As we all know , up and down the country Immi. offices are inconsisitent , not just with each other but within their own office.

Last year I had to go out and copy all my passport pages , Wife's Blue book , her I.D. card just to do a TM30. 

This year I prepared everything with the TM30 and they gave me them back , " not needed if you still live at the same adddress ".

And yes the 90 day online has certainly improved. It was very hit and miss before.

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 3:56 PM, Dah fahrang said:

Thanks!

Just an update , I went in today to do my 90 day bank letter " not below 800,000 " etc.  I went to the 90 day desk , he shouted out to some other IO who was sitting on the right as you go in, he checked all my stuff over . The only upside is , they don't register your visit . No stamps in your passport or other forms of acknowledgement. So if they don't record it , then they can't check it.  The logical thing would be for them to look through your book at each yearly extension  and deduce for themselves that the money has been in the bank the time required.

7 minutes ago, NE1 said:

The logical thing would be for them to look through your book at each yearly extension  and deduce for themselves that the money has been in the bank the time required.

That's exactly what 70+ imm offices do out of the ~ 80 total imm offices.

It's joints like Jomtien that run the power trip routine.

Sri Racha office gave me a form for the 90 Bank Reporting, and on it it states:

90 Days Bank Checking (Please

contact Room No. 1)

To prove that you have THB

800,000 fund in your account

Requirement

1. Appointment form (this form)

2. Copy of passport

-First page of your name and 

photo

-Last visa issued by Thai

immigration

3. Bankbook

-First page of your name

-Last page (needed to be updated

before making a copy)

On the bottom of the form is a stamped date to report and my phone number and signature.

I did this last year also and no problems.

6 minutes ago, TomPap said:

Sri Racha office gave me a form for the 90 Bank Reporting, and on it it states:

90 Days Bank Checking (Please

contact Room No. 1)

To prove that you have THB

800,000 fund in your account

Requirement

1. Appointment form (this form)

2. Copy of passport

-First page of your name and 

photo

-Last visa issued by Thai

immigration

3. Bankbook

-First page of your name

-Last page (needed to be updated

before making a copy)

On the bottom of the form is a stamped date to report and my phone number and signature.

I did this last year also and no problems.

Yes Sri Racha: add that to the list of rogue immigration offices. 

You state "I did this last year and no problems" almost with pride. In reality you were forced to make trip to imm for no reason.

The docs you mention most likely straight to bin. Jomtien (another rogue) don't even require that. 

Being retired means that I have time on my side........so if Immigration wants something, what am I going to do???

Just what they ask!! No problem because I did exactly what they asked and didn’t make me jump through hoops.

Besides my wife likes shopping in Sri Racha and Bang Phra, so it makes the trip worthwhile. And if I need pool supplies I am close to Pattaya to go get them. And maybe a nice place to eat lunch....Oh and there is a legal document requiring this check.

36 minutes ago, TomPap said:

Oh and there is a legal document requiring this check.

You describe the attendance as a lovely afternoon frolic. I suggest for some it would not be easy, depending on distance from imm office.

BTW..please supply copy of legal document.

None exist. Jomtien as one example added their own little stamp with date of return 3 months to show bank funds.

Nothing legal about it. Just a power trip.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Nothing legal about it.

How is it not legal ? The law was passed Jan.2019 and came into effect March of that year.

Isn't this the doc. and number pertaining to it ?

Or have I missed something ( again ).

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 23.01.23.png

5 hours ago, NE1 said:

How is it not legal ? The law was passed Jan.2019 and came into effect March of that year.

Isn't this the doc. and number pertaining to it ?

Or have I missed something ( again ).

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 23.01.23.png

Where does it state that the alien must return to immigration post 3 months of extension and show 800k in bank.

The vast majority of imm offices check this requirement at your next extension.

Archived