First 90 days report with account balance

Hi, I got retirement visa last October with 2 months account balance in the bank for 800,000baht.  To report my first 90 day, I need to show the balance maintain of that amount of money for 3 month.  Do I need just update my bank account book only or do I need to get again letter from the bank to justify my balance?  Thank you.

OP, you do not need bank letter. Sounds like your dealing with rubbish immigration office AKA Jomtien.

To be 100% safe do an update of your bankbook showing the 800k. Attend I'm office show bankbook. 

Aside some confusion can arise that thinking it's related to 90 day address report. It's not.

In fact the money in bank check is 3 months post application..

It's only required at couple of rogue offices.

11 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Ratchaburi requires the bank book and letter 90 days after your extension.

I find this 3 month report back interesting in the sense that lets say you skip it and then attend for your next extension. If you maintained the 800k 3 month post and the following requirements min 400k etc, what are their options? Refuse your extension.

Many reports of folk obtaining extension retirement at Jomtien and needing to ask about return back stamp with date that previously was automatic. Seemed to become slack.

There is ~ 78 offices. So we have Jomtien and Ratchaburi on the list. Any other rubbish imm offices?

Edited by DrJack54
9 hours ago, zzzzz said:

do it online and no question about bank book

The online 90 day address reporting is the only one that can be done on-line. Verification that 800,000 has been maintained in the bank is a separate requirement (required only in a few regions). They can both be done attending the IO but at separate desks.  

On 11/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, playboy said:

Hi, I got retirement visa last October with 2 months account balance in the bank for 800,000baht.  To report my first 90 day, I need to show the balance maintain of that amount of money for 3 month.  Do I need just update my bank account book only or do I need to get again letter from the bank to justify my balance?  Thank you.

If Chonburi (Pattaya, Jomtien Soi 5) Pattaya Immigration, they will accept only the passbook (it should show all transactions/balances) for the 3 months -- if a net entry, then they may want statements from bank.

That said, they have not always been consistent - some given a date to report, others not.  Also, those doing the reporting before the 90 day ends have been told to return - those reporting after the date, no problems.  Those reporting say that nothing is written down, no acknowledgements given, etc.  So, it appears they do not have a tracking system for such reports.

When doing your next extension at Jomtien, they will require copies of your passbook for the preceding 12 months to show you met the 800k for the 3 months after last extension and have not let it fall below 400k for the period up to 2 months before the next extension (at which time it must be brought back up to 800k).   As mentioned, if you have not kept the passbook up to date and have any "net entries" (all deposits/withdrawals shown in total for a period), then Jomtien will want Bank certified statements for the period.

Edited by soisanuk
On 11/21/2020 at 9:18 PM, zzzzz said:

AFAIK < ONLY pattaya ask for ur bank book to verify you have the 800,000 still there> an even that has nothing to do with ur 90 day report
Otherwise
do it online and no question about bank book

Not true. Other offices also require people granted extensions based on retirement using the money in bank qualification to prove the funds are still there 3 month later. My office staple a reminder next to the new extension stamp. It confirms the date you need to prove the funds AND a reminder that failure to maintain the funds will cancel the extension. When going back they want to see passport and bank book updated that day; with copies of passport ID,  latest extension stamp, bank book ID page and page showing updated balance. 5 minute job if you've maintained the balance. They also remind you not to go below 400k for the year.

Correct - it's not connected at all to 90 day reporting. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

. My office staple a reminder next to the new extension stamp

So Jomtien and your office have this rogue made up requirement.

How many of the 80 imm offices in Thailand have this requirement. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So Jomtien and your office have this rogue made up requirement.

How many of the 80 imm offices in Thailand have this requirement. 

Yes......

Only 3 or so of the 80, but they are all rogues!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1