UK's Sunak says he hopes for a Brexit deal but not at any price

rooster59

50 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Neither side would want to be the designer of a harmful Brexit. But as people on this forum insist as the 'bigger party' the EU has the 'right' to make demands, set the rules, then as the 'bigger party' they appear to have small cajones when it comes to leaving the table.

No party in any negotiation has the right to make demands; but each party has the right to put forward it's terms. Both p[arties then negotiate on each other's position, giving here, taking there, until agreement is reached 

Your 'cajones' comment is ridiculous. In your mind it's a lack of cajones which has caused the larger EU to grant the UK's requests for extensions; so what in your mind does that say about the smaller UK asking for those extensions in the first place? 

• Like 1

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-fish-johnson-macron-barnier/

Interesting I wonder if the sovereign territory also applied to those Dutch French and Spanish fishermen that bought and paid quote from Brits. If that is the case its just cheating what the Brits do. If those fishermen can still fish there but others not then its totally understandable. 

Still the article tells a nice story that both sides should give and take a lil bit more but on both side they seem to be dug in about a relatively small thing but seems to be symbolic for both sides.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

No party in any negotiation has the right to make demands; but each party has the right to put forward it's terms. Both p[arties then negotiate on each other's position, giving here, taking there, until agreement is reached 

Your 'cajones' comment is ridiculous. In your mind it's a lack of cajones which has caused the larger EU to grant the UK's requests for extensions; so what in your mind does that say about the smaller UK asking for those extensions in the first place? 

Already explained but as you cherry pick posts you feel you are able to contradict you missed it ????

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-fish-johnson-macron-barnier/

Interesting I wonder if the sovereign territory also applied to those Dutch French and Spanish fishermen that bought and paid quote from Brits. If that is the case its just cheating what the Brits do. If those fishermen can still fish there but others not then its totally understandable. 

Still the article tells a nice story that both sides should give and take a lil bit more but on both side they seem to be dug in about a relatively small thing but seems to be symbolic for both sides.

Rob the dutch can fish for all the herring they can eat, I am not a fan  ????

I preferred the pub and a pint of oranjeboom to the work canteen ????

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

Maybe you could come clean 'Ray' more faces than Worzal Gummage.????????

You're right, Boris. Time to come clean. I'm omnipresent. I'm also far better looking than Worzal Gummage!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Rob the dutch can fish for all the herring they can eat, I am not a fan  ????

I preferred the pub and a pint of oranjeboom to the work canteen ????

In which case you must agree to allowing the fishing rights and quotas to stay as they are!

Why? See 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Then enlighten me.

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

In which case you must agree to allowing the fishing rights and quotas to stay as they are!

Why? See 

I am in agreement with Rob, supporting cast, but there will always be those elevating the topic to stardom to top billing to suit their dialogue.

On 11/22/2020 at 5:52 PM, cyril sneer said:

amazing how much damage islamic immigration has done, brexit would never have happened without it

so do mean now they are going to throw out all those people that already arrived? I've also read for the last 4 years that this was not an 'immigration' issue at all and also stated by many on this site. So what do you think, are folks too ashamed to admit it even though they really feel that way and that's what influenced their vote? Not trying to wind anyone up, I just wonder what is the truth really is here?

9 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I am in agreement with Rob, supporting cast, but there will always be those elevating the topic to stardom to top billing to suit their dialogue.

I suppose you think that load of old pony somehow indicates your intellectual prowess.

Will you answer the question now? Do you agree with, amongst others, UK fisheries, that the licences and quotas should remain as they are; at least for the foreseeable future; or not?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

I suppose you think that load of old pony somehow indicates your intellectual prowess.

Will you answer the question now? Do you agree with, amongst others, UK fisheries, that the licences and quotas should remain as they are; at least for the foreseeable future; or not?

I have no problem with the fisheries remaining as they are provided they are are part of a significantly broader deal and enhance the value of a trade deal in favour of the UK, otherwise if the EU are not malleable take back all we can. 

Now you can as usual pick fault, word by word, with my comment if you have nothing better to do.

My thoughts are based on the premise any idiot knows that the French and Spanish will veto any deal that does not protect their current fishing industry status.

So Boris is clearly using this as leverage, as such he must be prepared to give way. This is probably why his ministers with more hard line views have departed.

Mostly comments on Brexit threads overlook the fact as ever that money runs countries not politicians. This why the pawns on both sides are being pushed towards an agreement, it is the reason for the constant postponement.

But feel free to debate minor topics and ignore the bigger picture, and when you can provide insight, instead of spending way too much time trying to 'win' debates with yourself and others, you may actually provide some interesting input rather than regurgitated wifi opinions and percentages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

so do mean now they are going to throw out all those people that already arrived? I've also read for the last 4 years that this was not an 'immigration' issue at all and also stated by many on this site. So what do you think, are folks too ashamed to admit it even though they really feel that way and that's what influenced their vote? Not trying to wind anyone up, I just wonder what is the truth really is here?

Well as the 'experts' scramble for their WiFi links ???? probably never having given this too much thought. ???? I think if we look at the employment issues in areas where Labour were overturned there is a strong possibility of a connection. I would say the many young British voters were in protectionist mode. Far above the minority many narrow minded would anticipate, and expect, the ageing white beer bellied belligerent racist.

20 hours ago, 473geo said:

<snip>

I have no problem with the fisheries remaining as they are provided they are are part of a significantly broader deal and enhance the value of a trade deal in favour of the UK, otherwise if the EU are not malleable take back all we can.

Thank you; a straight answer from a Brexiteer at last.

BTW, I agree that in terms of both our and the EU's GDP, fishing is a minor topic; but one which, in the UK, has been elevated to an importance greater than the sum of it's parts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, transam said:

Yes, the UK has left the EU.......That's it...Fact...

Who here is denying that?

Remainers posting here seem to not have realised it.... FACT..

Wrong.

British remainers here would rather back the EU than their own country even knowing the UK has left the EU...Fact..

Wrong again. We've left the EU, and that mistake cannot now be rectified. What Remainers, myself included, want the best possible trade deal between the UK and EU. But we realise that the oven ready deal Vote.Leave promised in 2016 is not, and never was, going to happen. Negotiations are give and take. You want the EU to do all the giving and the UK all the taking!

British members here are trashing the UK's democratic vote to leave the EU....Fact..

We're saying it was the wrong decision; but that is our democratic right.

I back the democratic vote of the UK populace....Fact

Yet you don't back the democratic right of myself and others to disagree with that vote!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Thank you; a straight answer from a Brexiteer at last.

BTW, I agree that in terms of both our and the EU's GDP, fishing is a minor topic; but one which, in the UK, has been elevated to an importance greater than the sum of it's parts.

Negotiation you present an obstacle that you are prepared to remove in consideration of the same on the other side

Brexiteer, you poor soul, I left it to those who will carry the future in the UK, their choice, their future, but I do support a decision made so long ago that you are starting to sound like a commentator on ancient history rather than current affairs  ????????

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes I wouldn't have them in my trench for sure. ???? But then again most of them wouldn't fight for their country anyway.

As usual, a Brexiteer has nothing to contribute except childish insults.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

<snip>

Brexiteer, you poor soul, I left it to those who will carry the future in the UK, their choice, their future, but I do support a decision made so long ago that you are starting to sound like a commentator on ancient history rather than current affairs 

Really?

Here was I thinking the negotiations were still ongoing!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

2/5. You started and finished well, but your middle three answers let you down.

The answers you gave to questions 2, 3 & 4 are opinions, not facts. Don't worry too much though, you're not along; most of your fellow Brexiters make the same mistakes.

Mistakes? I'm sure he will be along soon ????