UK's Sunak says he hopes for a Brexit deal but not at any price

rooster59

1 hour ago, 473geo said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Really?

Here was I thinking the negotiations were still ongoing!

Brexit done deal. Trade agreement negotiation ongoing, rather like your substandard attempts at oneupmanship ????

A reminder of this topic's title: "UK's Sunak says he hopes for a Brexit deal but not at any price."

It's the trade agreement only which we are talking about here; not the WA and certainly not the referendum!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

A reminder of this topic's title: "UK's Sunak says he hopes for a Brexit deal but not at any price."

It's the trade agreement only which we are talking about here; not the WA and certainly not the referendum!! 

Then why can you not manage an adult conversation without using the term Brexiteer?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Meanwhile HMG are still getting on with it in the RotW  as this Thailand related link shows:

WTO Thailand Trade Policy Review: UK statement

Quote:

"The UK is encouraged by the improvements made during the previous review period, such as the consideration of ways to strengthen protection of intellectual property rights. We likewise appreciate Thailand’s responses to our written questions."

Next?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Right they left,

and next day they knocked at the door of the E.U. to get deals. 

And oh, astonishment, inconprehension, outrage, when they not get what they want, and in addition the E.U. dare to make their own conditions for a deal.

AFAIK trading with the EU has never been a problem for the UK, it was the conditions that were gradually being imposed on the UK to enable us to trade together that was deemed unsatisfactory and needless. 

Just now, vogie said:

AFAIK trading with the EU has never been a problem for the UK, it was the conditions that were gradually being imposed on the UK to enable us to trade together that was deemed unsatisfactory and needless. 

I suppose you not read my addendum to my post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hi from France said:

... About these "unsatisfactory", conditions: after the test in Kent, there was another trial of post-Brexit checks

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/trial-of-brexit-border-checks-causes-five-mile-lorry-queues-in-kent

This is not even the fabled WTO system in action, but rather the "best case scenario of 70 seconds" and no checks yet on food, drink and agricultural products

Get ready for the portaloos, and the Japanese factories selling to the EU will move the continent, even without the 10% tariffs. Obviously integrated supply chains will not be viable. 

I tend not to reply to bitter posters so...........

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, 473geo said:

Then why can you not manage an adult conversation without using the term Brexiteer?

For the same reason Brexiteers continue to use the term Remainer (the polite ones, that is).

So I guess in your eyes they, too, are incapable of an adult conversation!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vogie said:

Can you provide some examples of those unsatisfactory and needless conditions, please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

For the same reason Brexiteers continue to use the term Remainer (the polite ones, that is).

So I guess in your eyes they, too, are incapable of an adult conversation!

'Rejoiners' is the key word these days (not to be confused with 'Rejoicers' who will be live streamed from midnight on 31 Dec????

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, evadgib said:

'Rejoiners' is the key word these days

I'm not sure it's apposite as re-joining under the advantageous terms we enjoyed before is extremely unlikely.

44 minutes ago, evadgib said:

(not to be confused with 'Rejoicers' who will be live streamed from midnight on 31 Dec)

Bit late, aren't you? That all happened on 31/12/19-1/1/20!

How long, I wonder, before those 'Rejoicers' become the 'Wailers' and 'Gnashers of Teeth' when the true consequences of Brexit begin to really bite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I'm not sure it's apposite as re-joining under the advantageous terms we enjoyed before is extremely unlikely.

Bit late, aren't you? That all happened on 31/12/19-1/1/20!

How long, I wonder, before those 'Rejoicers' become the 'Wailers' and 'Gnashers of Teeth' when the true consequences of Brexit begin to really bite.

That's you lot & started on 24 June 16

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2020 at 8:06 AM, transam said:

Yes, the UK has left the EU.......That's it...Fact...

Remainers posting here seem to not have realised it.... FACT..

British remainers here would rather back the EU than their own country even knowing the UK has left the EU...Fact..

British members here are trashing the UK's democratic vote to leave the EU....Fact..

I back the democratic vote of the UK populace....Fact

Embarrassing - Fact 

• Like 2