HK democracy activist urges US firm to stop selling tear gas to Thai police

rooster59

48 minutes ago, Sammyinla said:

I’m new to Thailand but I’ve been watching this thing unfold. I’ve talked to many locals on the streets and they say they are very happy with the current government and feel the last election was fair. They love their culture, their king and their PM. They feel the youth have been misguided by big money propaganda and that the silent majority do not want to have any part of these protests. 

What have you guys heard from the streets? 

I’ve heard about Som Tum, Facebook and what’s for dinner. 

50 minutes ago, Sammyinla said:

I’m new to Thailand but I’ve been watching this thing unfold. I’ve talked to many locals on the streets and they say they are very happy with the current government and feel the last election was fair. They love their culture, their king and their PM. They feel the youth have been misguided by big money propaganda and that the silent majority do not want to have any part of these protests. 

Hi. I'm new here. And you have no idea who I am. Now, what do think of the government and the protests?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammyinla said:

I heard on the street that Donald Trump has lost the democratic vote to his presidency and he does not like it. He thinks it is unfair that China and North Korea have communistic dictators leading their countries and he cannot be one as well. So he is not a happy chappy. That is what I hear on the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyinla said:

All I hear is about some new Hot Girls in the bar

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sammyinla said:

Do you work for the Thai government?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sammyinla said:

what streets are these? the streets inside the military billionaires private residences maybe..?"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, briansbiology said:

what streets are these? the streets inside the military billionaires private residences maybe..?"

LOL. I’ve just been talking to food vendors, Thai women that work at bars, etc. One older Thai lady that owns a small struggling that food and coffee shop shop forced me to stay and listen to her rant about it for an hour! She definitely did her research and knows her politics. Opinions are definitely divided, but it looks like there is big money backing the pro-democracy movement (and not the good kind).  

But, what do I know. I’m not claiming I know better - just reporting what I’ve been hearing and wondering what others living in Thailand have been hearing. 

• Sad 1

On 11/22/2020 at 2:38 PM, Sammyinla said:

I would imagine a similar answer to which you received, if I asked anyone on the streets, that did not know me!

I love their culture as well, and would not comment on the other two.....