Solution fired at protesters contained 4 types of tear gas: analysis

rooster59

Waiting for the parents of the children harmed by the CS chemicals used to be told by the Great PM Prayut "I warned you and told you to take care of your children, what has happened is your fault not mine because you are not good parents who support your Government and instead allow your children to run amuck."

• Like 1

I'm not to surprised about the teargas. Most police across the globe has that in their arsenal for crowd control. 

I'm however more worried about the people wounded by gunshots. 

No matter if it were the police or protesters on different sides that fired those shots, it should be investigated fully. 

I'm aware what happened the last couple of coups and were in Bangkok in 2014 during the chaos, but shooting people shouldn't be swept under the carpet.....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How much Thai history do you know? There is nothing going on IMO that has not happened before.

Then in the years following, succussive governments, especially military ones should have learned lessons from those times.  The only lesson they seem to have learned that "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"  coined by Chinese communist leader Mao Zedong.

A portion of the 1938 speech 

IMHO lethal force is NOT really necessary, IF and only IF the government would sit down with, and talk and listen to the student leaders, and that this government can be trusted which it is not except by the few at the top of the heap.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The five substances were dimethyl sulfoxide, 2-Chlorobenzaldehyde, 2-Chlorobenzyl alcohol, 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile, and o-Chlorobenzylmalononitrile.

Prayut taking care of his "children"... when it suits his cause.

And when it doesn't... look-out !

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Then in the years following, succussive governments, especially military ones should have learned lessons from those times.  The only lesson they seem to have learned that "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"  coined by Chinese communist leader Mao Zedong.

A portion of the 1938 speech 

IMHO lethal force is NOT really necessary, IF and only IF the government would sit down with, and talk and listen to the student leaders, and that this government can be trusted which it is not except by the few at the top of the heap.

The Thai Kingdom and its Constitutional Monarchy has absolutely nothing to do with the likes of Chairman Mao and in fact pre-date him.

In Thailand, political currents run deep. Some young students talking with the PM sounds a bit naive. If, the students and all the power brokers lined up behind them, sat down with the PM and all the power brokers behind him, then maybe.

• Sad 2

True, people there can’t live their daily life without chemical themselves and chemical the entire environment, the just simply can’t accept anything the way it is but add any form of chemicals to it. The vaccination will do the trick to shut down the life of of humanity. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Why bother with all them chemicals? Just use the water from the Klongs 

Durian songkran they had dieselpumps in the klongs so they could hose all bypassers with it through a fireman's hose..It even got in my beer but i didn't get sick of it.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even the cops are allowed to use lethal force if they think they are in imminent danger.

Of course, but in such cases an extensive investigation should be carried out to ascertain whether or not that level of force was really necessary or could alternative, less violent, measures have achieved better results. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, photo taken in Bangkok:-

Bangkok is one DIRTY city! – backpackerlee

Ah yes, it's scenes like this that really help TAT to attract more of those wealthy, well-heeled, discerning travellers. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you are going to quote my post then please quote all of it and quote it correctly.

Where did I mention anything about the Thai monarchy and Chairman Mao?

The quote from my post was simply this.

"The only lesson they seem to have learned that "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"  coined by Chinese communist leader Mao Zedong."

Now if you can see anything about the Thai monarchy in that sentence please highlight it for us all to see, and only then will I apologise.

-- I did copy your entire quote, as is. Please recheck. Did you press the expand button?

--  Mao Zedong whom you mentioned was Chairman Mao whom I mentioned. Your comment about guns was, I assume, aimed at the government, which is the Thai Constitutional Monarchy. The elected government and military also come under the constitution as in many countries.

But I think I understand the issue. I was referring to the whole Thai government including the elected (cough) leaders and military.  Sorry I guess I could have made that more clear. 

My point was that Thailand is represented by a constitution and  bares no resemblance to Chairman Mao and the communist overthrow of China.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How much Thai history do you know? There is nothing going on IMO that has not happened before.

In my opinion there is a very significant difference to recent protest movements. This protest movement is far more decentralised, in many ways far more spontaneous, and not driven by a particular political party or movement.

• Like 2