dates for long weekends

HashBrownHarry

On 11/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, allane said:

The holiday which falls this year on Dec. 7 has been moved to Dec. 11.  With Constitution Day on Dec. 10, that will create a 4 day long weekend Dec. 10 - 13 inclusive.

I work for a very large Thai company and we have been informed already that 7th will remain the holiday as will 10th. 11th we will need to take as leave, not transfer from 7th.

We tend to follow the SET, so i suspect much like no private companies were given last Thursday and Friday that move of dates will probably be limited to Government.

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I work for a very large Thai company and we have been informed already that 7th will remain the holiday as will 10th. 11th we will need to take as leave, not transfer from 7th.

We tend to follow the SET, so i suspect much like no private companies were given last Thursday and Friday that move of dates will probably be limited to Government.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I just checked the Bank of Thailand's website, and the Substitution Day for the Father's Day Holiday remains on Dec. 7,  and has not been moved as I indicated above. To anyone who works in the private sector, may I suggest checking with your employer, perhaps in the week of Nov. 30 - Dec. 4,  before reporting to work on Dec. 7.