Christmas on the beach...It's just not the same, is it?

WineOh

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Had Christmas once on beach in the Maldives, was totally wierd eating lobster, just wasnt "Christmas" at all to me.

As the years have rolled on it doesnt mean anything anymore. Its a time for young families and kids and snow which has all long gone for me.

Christmas was once a magical time of year, partly fueled by the cold weather (icy streets and snow covered gardens).

That's the part I miss, not the present giving which is ok.

It's the atmosphere of Christmas morning back home.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

When parents pass everything changes, then siblings start to pass, family squabbles. You can never go back, find a new way to celebrate here.

In my case it was divorce ( of my parents ). Haven't had a family Christmas in 54 years.

Everyone in my family now lives far away, some in miles and others in choices of whom they married ( if one understands what I mean by that ).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No problem.

Just turn the AC down to max cold, pull crackers with all the bargirls one can afford, eat too much and fall asleep on the couch while watching a Thai soap.

that sounds like hell to me mate

42 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I was in Canada one year, now that was amazing ! Went to this place called "candy cane lane" all the houses totally over the top with lights, snow on the ground etc, back to a log cabin ski lodge with roaring fire, huge tree, I will never forget that year, amazing!

Now it's called Covid Kill Lane....be thankful you're in Thailand for Christmas

I know I have had one Christmas in Thailand.Maybe 2.The one I won’t forget.I was in Bangkok and knew I  wanted to go to Phuket sometime.

Christmas Eve I just got a taxi to don mueang airport without a ticket.Luckily I got a ticket from one of the flight offices there. What was surreal was inside airport they had Thai girls all dressed up in glittery dresses dancing on stage and singing Christmas carols.

Then Christmas Day afternoon in Patong eating chicken fried rice in restaurant thinking this is crazy.haha

• Like 1

Just now, scorecard said:

I grew up in Australia, every Christmas time always hot/super hot,

I associate Christmas with hot weather, most Australian do. Never ever thought about Christmas in winter. 

I had 10 Christmases in London and not one white Christmas. It only snowed AFTER Christmas.

I always tried to work over the break as more money, but we used to get loads of cakes and biscuits etc in the tea room from patients, and the management put on a special spread for meals, plus we only operated on emergency cases so it was a quiet time. Only time in the year we had a tv in the tea room.

Happy days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I grew up in Australia, every Christmas time always hot/super hot,

I associate Christmas with hot weather, most Australian do. Never ever thought about Christmas in winter. 

A couple of Aussie mates back in the UK would always claim that Christmas dinner on the beach was the way to go. my first Christmas in Thailand, I gave it a go, barbecued seafood on the beach.

Nah, not Christmas at all. Did have a nice day on the beach though.

• Like 1