TAT expects not more than 10,000 tourists coming this year

rooster59

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Generals new song he can sing after reformatting the original Beatles song.  Paul and Ringo to share in the billions obtained in royalties.

Yesterday,

All my troubles seemed so far away, 

Now the court has took my house away,

Oh how I long for yesterday!

• Like 2

Note that what TAT is saying "not more than 10,000 this year" presumably mean in the rest of this year.

Like Microsoft Help this is factually correct but absolutely useless.

Now here is a new idea:-  

For many years Thailand has boasted about the number of road accidents.  'The most dangerous roads in the world.'    Hinting, 'come to Thailand and hire a m/c and show how brave and skilful you are in surviving your holiday here.  ( if you do not avoid an accident, you will make money for Thai hospitals.)

So, why not let Covid run free in some areas and market this as 'Come to Thailand and show that you know that Covid is not a serious illness, and you can become immune by excessive consumption of Thai alcoholic drinks.   

Filing this, what TA should be doing is planning ahead for next year when a Vaccine might be available, and setting policies to revive the tourist industry.  I predict that in he new year, when Europe will be starting mas vaccinations, there will be plenty of people wanting to escape the misery of European winter and Covid woes and looking for sun and fun.  If Thailand is still demanding quarantine and other restrictions that TAT has thought up, it will miss the boat and tourist will be going to new, more realistic destinations.

My advice to TAT is to open thailand to tourism same same before, no need

for quarantine and no nothing. and see what happans.

they wil be surprised to discover that very few tourists will arrive anyway.

by the way; brazil and mexico are 100% open for tourism by air travel.

no need for test and no nothing. and no problem. 

seems like this corona attacks mostly farang / gringos in cold countries.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

“With re-opening the country, we have to think of the safety of our citizens as priority,” Mr Yuthasak said.

“The TAT has publicized to foreign tourists that they have to quarantine for 14 days before traveling [within the country], but I do think that the quarantine period being reduced may make it easier for foreign tourists to make the decision to come,” Mr Yuthasak added.

Yet he still expects possibly 10,000 in the next 5 weeks, or 2,000 a week, or 285 a day.  Seems like they are still being quite optimistic.  I personally do not see it as the flights are still limited and lockdowns are going up in many places.  But then maybe they will all be Chinese, already vaccinated and hauling in 3 large suitcases full of cash.

Those suitcases will attract a further THB20 charge each when the owners take a taxi from the airport now. 

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from some site with no supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Finally, a number coming from TAT that I can believe. For as long as tourists need to quarantine, most people will neither be willing nor able to holiday in Thailand, cost or time wise. But it's good that they're now issuing tourist visas again to those who are.