Coming to Thailand? Check your insurance and ASQ fine print.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better find some symptoms pretty quick, get a headache, lose your sense of smell and bung on a cough and a sniffle

Coming to Thailand? Check your insurance and ASQ fine print. By The Thaiger     A concerned reader sent us this information, based on his experiences in the ASQ when he arrive

Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 while not presenting symptoms should demand a second test.    There is a possibility of a false positive; 0.8 to 4% - according to the Lancet) and poss

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thai Insurance that doesnt really Insure you. Add that as another reason to avoid the place until the lunacy ends. 

My Thai Insurance Policy is about to pay for 170,000 baht treatment.

That said: I’m not sure if it will pay for Covid-19 hospitalisation based on a test result only and without symptoms. 

Big thanks to @rooster59 for posting this. 👍

I've been saying for a while, "Oh it's OK, my UK travel insurance includes well over $100K Covid cover".....but haven't even thought to check the details in this thread!

@richard_smith237 sums it up nicely "and get everything in writing" seems more essential than ever.

Sadly, I think what @Kadilo  said about "avoiding the place until the lunacy ends" is what most tourists should be planning (myself included 😞)

IMO, if and when vaccination takes off, various governments will consider relaxing some entry requirements and if recent news is accurate that may not be too long.

Of course whether Thailand is included remains to be seen.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 while not presenting symptoms should demand a second test. 

There is a possibility of a false positive; 0.8 to 4% - according to the Lancet) and possibly higher according to ‘other’ sources. 

The ‘insurance’ issue is good to know about. Anyone going into quarantine needs to receive in writing confirmation that any hospitalisation based on test results will be covered by there insurance - thats the whole objective of having the insurance which covers Covid-19. 

Not sure whether you can "demand" a second test.

They will make their decision. Not you.

• Like 1