Transfer money from UK bank

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah different ways different banks and some banks are different and some people like to do things different or the way that's different from other people. 

I'm happy with my Thai living money situation which is probably different than others. ????????????????

It's a bit confused. Perhaps your credit card is one that levies charges; otherwise why utilise a debit card at all?

All I can suggest is that you stop giving advice on International transfers to others. ????

• Like 1

OP, do a comparison before you decide.

Not relevant to the OP but:

When I do a comparison between TransferWise and direct from my bank ( NatWest to Bangkok Bank) for transferring £10,000 I am 12,500 baht ( £310 ) better off with TransferWise.

It’s all in the exchange rate , ( NatWest have dropped the £22 standard and £30 urgent transfer rates.

TransferWise ! You know it makes sense !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I send bank to bank every month - Lloyds to Bangkok Bank, I generally lose £9.50 for sending , 1.50 baht off the general exchange rate (yeah, I know I'll amend it to transferwise one day) and about 200 baht dissappears into the thai bank wilderness ! Hope that helps with general figures

?? Why 1.5 baht off the general exchange rate? Are you sending in Thai Baht??

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/View-Rates/Foreign-Exchange-Rates

Shows 39.83

xe.com shows a spot rate of 40.2. Nowhere near 1.5 baht. Should be even less of a spread during the week.

11 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It's a bit confused. Perhaps your credit card is one that levies charges; otherwise why utilise a debit card at all?

All I can suggest is that you stop giving advice on International transfers to others. ????

I give what advice I want that I find OK for me.

If penny pinching hypocrites here find its no good, who cares,  if I want money now I just get it. 

My credit is great my debit I use in bank counter I use which ever one suits me. 

50 quid of diesel costs me a quid and a few pence in charges on my credit card and and I pay back in full every month.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Tyler Visan said:

Transferwise will NOT do GBP to GBP, they are an exchange company. Get your GBP into a Transferwise Borderless account and exchange to THB when the rate is good but keep it in your T'wise Account, and send it to Thailand as & when you need it.

Its good advice. I would like to send you a P.M. 

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Wrong here too. You don't get 'interbank/spot rate', as Transferwise levies a fee. 

'Overall' was and is correct.

Fella lol they dont !!

I had this exact same query elsewhere few days ago. My bank transfer to Transferwise and onwards to SCB is at Interbank and sliding fee based on amount sent

I'm not interested if you get levied a fee using different methods. Bank to Bank to Bank simple as....period !

Go and log in and see for yourself using " low cost bank transfer"

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

So far, you've been wrong on both of your posts.

If you go back to the OP's post, you'll note that he withdraws over the counter; being charged 180 baht for the privilege. Only SCB levies that Admin Charge.

lol again you've deliberately moved the goalposts !  Both your posts are wrong simple as.....out