Kenwood food mixer A601

Gandtee

I have a 55 year old Kenwood food mixer brought many years ago from England. Recently it gave up the ghost and I found the problem was a what I call, reset button. I'd overloaded the machine, I pressed the button and it worked for a while. I've bypassed it and the machine is working. I doubt I can get a new button but I wonder if I can repair the existing one? Any ideas how to open it up? Pic Enclosed. There is a screw protruding through the bottom of the casing but after releasing the nut, nothing shifts. Any ideas?125979699_205504461203365_3139815845248755586_n.thumb.jpg.8c9e1338b13098439acc3f380a7da887.jpg

I'll bet you can get something that will do the trick, even fit in the hole.

Can you post what labelling there is on the beast so we can get an idea of what value it is.

Also post the model etc of the mixer, there could be diagrams etc. online.

19 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Also post the model etc of the mixer, there could be diagrams etc. online.

Isn’t that in the subject of the thread? But it should probably be a Kenwood Chief A601
Though I can’t see that model in a 1 minute search.

I’ve got a version that could be the same vintage in storage and will take a look in a few days if  necessary.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Isn’t that in the subject of the thread? But it should probably be a Kenwood Chief A601
Though I can’t see that model in a 1 minute search 

Duh, brain is not functioning today.

Yeah, probably a K. Chef A601. 

The beast in question is a thermal trip, pretty well any of the Kenwood parts should do the trick if you can find one. A few ebay sellers had them for silly money (25 squid) but nil stock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

@Gandtee what's the current or wattage on the machine rating plate so we can hazard a guess as to the correct rating of overload.

I  always thought it was a A601 but on checking inside the machine it's an A901, silly me.  240v-50Hz 1/3 HP The 'thermal trip' as far as I can see is M something F.65EA.G It's not very clear. I hope this helps.