Who bothers to change your address in your car/motorbike green book when you move?

scubascuba3

I once changed my passport number with my driving license (many hours waiting time because it was busy), and SCB.

Would not do it again. Waste of time. Have never heard of a Thai bothering to do it. They just wait until the license expires or maybe in case of green book if you want to sell your vehicle.

We had the address in the green book changed on the next tax renewal after moving. Did it through an agent, one of the many that provide a one stop, test/tax/insurance service.

We still haven't done our drivers licences though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

We had the address in the green book changed on the next tax renewal after moving. Did it through an agent, one of the many that provide a one stop, test/tax/insurance service.

I use the agent for my tax and inspections, however when they ask "is this your correct address" I always say yes, even though it isn't.  In your experience, was the green book in a non-Thai name? If so, did they require any further paperwork such as residence certificate?

18 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

I use the agent for my tax and inspections, however when they ask "is this your correct address" I always say yes, even though it isn't.  In your experience, was the green book in a non-Thai name? If so, did they require any further paperwork such as residence certificate?

The bike is in my wife's name, so it was simply a matter of house book and Thai ID. For a falang it would yellow house or residence certificate from immigration, plus passport.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Did the same as you and changed the license address when it need to be renewed.

I probably will try to change the green book address when I go for my new licence. I'm getting one original res cert only for the two licences, I'll show them the original that I take upstairs for the licences and give them a copy, if that's not good enough I won't bother changing

7 hours ago, KamnanT said:

Keep in mind that speed camera violations will be mailed to the registered address of the vehicle.  If you don't keep it up-to-date, you could miss them and then have difficulty renewing the registration.

Yes but mixed reports about that, on a recent thread many people said they don't pay and it's never been mentioned at tax renewal 

The law that the address in the green/blue vehicle book or the driving license has to be updated is not enforced, same as the law that Thais have to get registered in the house book where they actually live. Thus there is no point in doing it.