60 Day Covid Extensions in Koh Samui??

37 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

It´s no speculation- The extension can be applied for with or without embassy extension after the set rules.

Not what I asked. I never said anything about embassy letters. I'm simply asking about experiences with applying at Samui because there's conflicting reports of what's happening there as far as covid extensions go. I wanted to hear from people who have been there, not speculating.

Just went today (23/11/20). Am currently on visa exemption from UK, and previously secured one COVID extension in Sept using embassy letter. Today I needed TM7 form, TM2 form, Affadavit form, signed copies of passport + stamps (x1), and of course photo. I submitted an embassy letter as well, however it was dated from September, so maybe it is considered expired now? I assumed it could only help, but then again, who knows with these offices, maybe it harmed. No outcome yet, I paid the fee and have to collect tomorrow.

Many people in the queue were getting rejected due to TM30 check failing. Including me, I had to quickly email my landlord to get on it, and then succeeded when I returned to the queue. The people who got their applications in earlier seemed to be getting 'Under consideration' stamps, they were asked to come back to the office on the 15th Dec or around 23rd Dec. Whether that'll get upgraded to 30 days, or 60 days, or eventually rejected, I have no idea. But it seems you can at least get a month out of it.

Many people were writing 'Covid' in the 'reasons you can't go back to your country' section, and the lady was telling them this is not enough, they had to give more reasons. In my case I just padded the same covid reason out until it spanned 2 sentences. ????

Edited by HexTree
clarifications
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HexTree said:

Just went today (23/11/20). Am currently on visa exemption from UK, and previously secured one COVID extension in Sept using embassy letter. Today I needed TM7 form, TM2 form, Affadavit form, signed copies of passport + stamps (x1), and of course photo. I submitted an embassy letter as well, however it was dated from September, so maybe it is considered expired now? I assumed it could only help, but then again, who knows with these offices, maybe it harmed. No outcome yet, I paid the fee and have to collect tomorrow.

Many people in the queue were getting rejected due to TM30 check failing. Including me, I had to quickly email my landlord to get on it, and then succeeded when I returned to the queue. The people who got their applications in earlier seemed to be getting 'Under consideration' stamps, they were asked to come back to the office on the 15th Dec or around 23rd Dec. Whether that'll get upgraded to 30 days, or 60 days, or eventually rejected, I have no idea. But it seems you can at least get a month out of it.

Many people were writing 'Covid' in the 'reasons you can't go back to your country' section, and the lady was telling them this is not enough, they had to give more reasons. In my case I just padded the same covid reason out until it spanned 2 sentences. ????

Thanks for your very detailed post! If you could possibly post your situation again after you get your passport  back? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

• Like 1

Update:

Went back this morning to collect the passport. Have an Under Consideration stamp, and the officer told me I have to come back "on 15th December or after". I asked her how long after 15th I can come back, and she was like "Um... don't know, just come back 15th or after".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HexTree said:

Update:

Went back this morning to collect the passport. Have an Under Consideration stamp, and the officer told me I have to come back "on 15th December or after". I asked her how long after 15th I can come back, and she was like "Um... don't know, just come back 15th or after".

Thanks again! That solidifies it for me, I'm heading to Bangkok instead. Was considering Samui if they were able to do it in a days time like they were in October but there's no point in sticking around here if I have to wait that long.

Are you talking about the Under Consideration stamp? Yes, from brief anecdotes I've heard that people in Bangkok got their Under Consideration return date to be 7th December, so I guess it would be faster if that's your primary concern. Of course, the next batch of applicants might get given later return dates, so it might be a gamble. When I went to Bangkok in September my Under Consideration return date was 3 weeks into the extension month, so actually even later than what Samui are currently offering.

Edited by HexTree
change last sentence
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HexTree said:

Are you talking about the Under Consideration stamp? Yes, from brief anecdotes I've heard that people in Bangkok got their Under Consideration return date to be 7th December, so I guess it would be faster if that's your primary concern. Of course, the next batch of applicants might get given later return dates, so it might be a gamble. When I went to Bangkok in September my Under Consideration return date was 3 weeks into the extension month, so actually even later than what Samui are currently offering.

Yes the under consideration stamp. Not a huge deal but I'm planning on heading back to Bangkok anyway. But since I was on Koh Samui and know of someone last month who got their covid extension approved in 1 day at Samui I figured it would be easier to just go there. But now it seems everyone is being told to return by dec 15 so there's no point in waiting at Samui if I can't get it quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HexTree said:

Final update, for the sake of posterity. Went back today on my 'under consideration' return date. Waited an hour and finally received a stamp up to 29 Jan.

Thanks for the update. Nice that you got the full 60 days. Here in Bangkok they are giving 60 days from the date of application. I applied late though thankfully so only lost a few days. Good until Jan 26.