I'm sick of driving my pickup truck. Any ideas about what I should buy next?

bbabythai

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I understand why they do. They are pretentious. But we’re talking about cars ... in Thailand. Paying more than twice the European price for a Mercedes, BMW or Audi is equally stupid. Unless of course you just want people to look at you and think you are rich? And people like that seldom are.

... said the cheap charlie who never drove a car that deserves this name...

so funny ! can't stop laughing !

On 11/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, baansgr said:

Don't buy new...thousands of 6 month old vehicles available at hugely discounted prices. Go for a Camry

In that segment I would go for a secondhand Nissan Teana. All white inside. Wooden steering wheel. Pure luxury. You'll still keep lots of money in the bank. You never know when you'll need it badly ...

Edited by Dario
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dario said:

In that segment I would go for a secondhand Nissan Teana.

That's what I did a few years ago

Wanted a V6 and a torque converter auto - not a 4 banger and a CVT

Got a room in BKK, and hired a car to go to the dealers with white cars with low mileage

Found one I liked, made an offer. No way. Left.

Called about 90 minutes later, said OK.

Been a great car. Changed oil, ATF, spark plugs and wires when I got home

Needed tires (I drive fast) - thats it

If your budget is 2 Million why not spend 500k to 1 M on a classic Jag or Mercedes, or even a big yank tank and have some real fun. Yes it will cost you to keep it on the road but you have 1 M to spare for that. Buy a decent restoration to minimise the potential on-costs of owning a classic and enjoy a real car. Wife's car is alway there a backup.

If I was in your position financially there would be a Jaguar in the village now.

903277783_Screenshot2020-11-24at08_21_55.png.d19879bd8fd7a8ad250bbb15c507bda4.png867448616_Screenshot2020-11-24at08_23_03.png.d1b032b3e00585748234a953ed3e5f65.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dario said:

In that segment I would go for a secondhand Nissan Teana. All white inside. Wooden steering wheel. Pure luxury. You'll still keep lots of money in the bank. You never know when you'll need it badly ...

Thassa pimpmobile.....????

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I understand why they do. They are pretentious. But we’re talking about cars ... in Thailand. Paying more than twice the European price for a Mercedes, BMW or Audi is equally stupid. Unless of course you just want people to look at you and think you are rich? And people like that seldom are.

If one has the cash and one wants an overpriced ride, I do not see that your comment is valid, plus I think you are making an assumption that folk buy expensive cars to drive up and down the high street looking for admiration, that's daft..

PS. If had the cash to spend, I would be driving a Merc.....????

24 minutes ago, Saltire said:

If your budget is 2 Million why not spend 500k to 1 M on a classic Jag or Mercedes, or even a big yank tank and have some real fun. Yes it will cost you to keep it on the road but you have 1 M to spare for that. Buy a decent restoration to minimise the potential on-costs of owning a classic and enjoy a real car. Wife's car is alway there a backup.

If I was in your position financially there would be a Jaguar in the village now.

903277783_Screenshot2020-11-24at08_21_55.png.d19879bd8fd7a8ad250bbb15c507bda4.png867448616_Screenshot2020-11-24at08_23_03.png.d1b032b3e00585748234a953ed3e5f65.png

He would need two of those. That's what they say about Jags, one on the road and the other in the garage getting fixed.

I've only ever known one guy who owned a Jag, his was off the road more often that it was on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

He would need two of those. That's what they say about Jags, one on the road and the other in the garage getting fixed.

I've only ever known one guy who owned a Jag, his was off the road more often that it was on it.

I would steer well clear of a Jag or even a Rover in LOS....

I find a lot of saloon rides are too low, ground clearance and head clearance getting in the things. Honda CRV would be a good choice for me...????

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I owned  a Jag for many years. I road tested BMW and Mercedes and chose the Jag. It was only ever in the dealers for routine servicing. It was a joy to drive.

I only changed it as it was also the most useless car in the snow ever. Traded for a Land Rover.

7 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I owned  a Jag for many years. I road tested BMW and Mercedes and chose the Jag. It was only ever in the dealers for routine servicing. It was a joy to drive.

I only changed it as it was also the most useless car in the snow ever. Traded for a Land Rover.

Population size two, probability of getting a dud 0.5. Terrible odds.