I'm sick of driving my pickup truck. Any ideas about what I should buy next?

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

He would need two of those. That's what they say about Jags, one on the road and the other in the garage getting fixed.

I've only ever known one guy who owned a Jag, his was off the road more often that it was on it.

I was driving S Type Jaguar in France before moving here. Very nice car but I confirm the safety and reliability standards that are well below average.

Purchasing an Isuzu MU7 when arriving, (2008), installing a performance chip and perfectly happy after 180,000 km.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

German cars in Thailand cost 2-3 times any Japanese make in terms of servicing and spares costs. People buy German cars because they think that gives them status. The ship sailed long ago with re

Clearly ! pickups are terrible and I wonder how people can even drive this ! Go German, even second hand, still a lot better than any Japanese, whatever people will tell you, they are just liars.

A Chauffeur.....job done.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dario said:

In that segment I would go for a secondhand Nissan Teana. All white inside. Wooden steering wheel. Pure luxury. You'll still keep lots of money in the bank. You never know when you'll need it badly ...

Most members here are heavy involved in farming.

100s of Rai rice fields,

Thousands of buffalos.

Min of 500 Rai fruit trees.

Better choose a darker inside not the white one.

1 hour ago, transam said:

If one has the cash and one wants an overpriced ride, I do not see that your comment is valid, plus I think you are making an assumption that folk buy expensive cars to drive up and down the high street looking for admiration, that's daft..

PS. If had the cash to spend, I would be driving a Merc.....😊

I mate is selling his Merc.

2nd hand and only 35k miles.

Asking price 2,3 Million Baht.

Be quick.

5ACD0BD2-EDA6-446A-871A-DEA5563BD559_4_5005_c.jpeg

28 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I mate is selling his Merc.

2nd hand and only 35k miles.

Asking price 2,3 Million Baht.

Be quick.

5ACD0BD2-EDA6-446A-871A-DEA5563BD559_4_5005_c.jpeg

A little overpriced for me chum......😊

I think my assumption is largely correct, given the number of Range Rovers driven in London that will never see a country lane. My main point however is that it’s pretty dumb to spend 2 times plus the European price for any of these cars, however much money you have. 

14 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Best car in the world, bought for 60 quid, 16 years ago, love it.

Utterly reliable, and will take 6 bags of cement in the back.

The 2CV - when we were kids, a mate snapped one of those in half going over a jump he’d made in a field !!

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Best car in the world, bought for 60 quid, 16 years ago, love it.

Utterly reliable, and will take 6 bags of cement in the back.

2cviii.jpg.aebf52db72498f2de3d10fa1b777d5c8.jpg

They are not called " Two horses" for no reason.Would not pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Obviously fine in snow, an air conditioner in Thailand would reduce the engine output to walking pace

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I think my assumption is largely correct, given the number of Range Rovers driven in London that will never see a country lane. My main point however is that it’s pretty dumb to spend 2 times plus the European price for any of these cars, however much money you have. 

I think it's dumb that rich blokes buy a million quid Bugatti to go up the coffee shop in, and have absolutely no intention of using it as it should be, but they do....

• Like 1
On 11/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, bbabythai said:

If I had a million to put towards a new car (maybe 1.5mill) plus the 500k trade what would you recommend?

Look for a BMW, you like that car. BMW-X series starts just under 2 million baht (1,999,000 with BSI standard package), and BMW-2 series – like 220i Gran Coupé M Sport – starts just over 2 million baht (2,169,000 with BSI standard package, so almost within reach...🙂

I would buy a new car if I want to keep the car for "long". You have no idea how a used car maintained. Services done on time or no service at all and no mechanic can tell how the car was treated since the car is only a few years old (wear and tear is much more) but later you are the one who will deal with problems. 
BMW recommends oil change around 15000mil , by the time what is left from engine oil is only sludge (even at 10,000). I replaced my BMW engine oil (even though it is synthetic) every 4000mil max. By the time the engine oil still looked like a dark good oil. I kept my BMW for 20 years. 
I always told my Thai gf: do you aim holes in the road 😄😂🤣

Edited by The Theory
On 11/23/2020 at 2:52 AM, thcosh said:

Clearly ! pickups are terrible and I wonder how people can even drive this !

Go German, even second hand, still a lot better than any Japanese, whatever people will tell you, they are just liars.

Dreamer.....😂😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • JAS21 locked this topic