Enter Thailand With Re-Entry Permit Volunteer Visa

I've been in thailand in 2020 with a ED visa; when it expired, i made a Volunteer visa for 12 months through the same school, without leaving the country;

Shortly after, i had to leave Thailand for medical reason, and i made a re-entry permit which is valid till september 2021 (same as the visa lenght) prior leaving Thailand.

I do still have few months left in my rental contract in a condo in thai, and im planning to come back; I would be flying from Italy (which won't help im sure, given the situation here).

Informations are a bit messy, but from i could find volunteer visas are currently not accepted. It doesn't mention, however, if someone has a re entry permit.

Anybody has experience entering Thailand with a re entry permit with covid restriction in place?

I wasn't doing any volunteering, the school set that visa up, and i left the country shortly after.

Planning to go somewhere between January and February.

I guess Elite Visa Card is the only option left if this re entry won't do it, because i doubt they would do a STV for Italy anytime soon

3 minutes ago, teriyaki said:

I wasn't doing any volunteering, the school set that visa up, and i left the country shortly after.

Planning to go somewhere between January and February.

I guess Elite Visa Card is the only option left if this re entry won't do it, because i doubt they would do a STV for Italy anytime soon

Forget STV.

You can obtain a tourist visa single entry and the ridiculous financials have been dropped.

That visa does not require travel from low risk country. In fact only STV has that requirement

Sounds good. So is single entry, and once there will do another long term via school/agency and should be settled.

Is there any sort of selection on this kind of visa or is simply as it was back in the days? (plus insurance, COE etc of course).

2 minutes ago, teriyaki said:

Sounds good. So is single entry, and once there will do another long term via school/agency and should be settled.

Is there any sort of selection on this kind of visa or is simply as it was back in the days? (plus insurance, COE etc of course).

Yes just the added items you mention.

After you enter Thailand do the quarantine etc you can look at options. 

You must have serious need to return to Thailand as those hurdles are a challenge.

Been living there for the last few years, pretty much all my life/friends etc is there.

Coming back to my country in these times wasn't really planned but had to be done and couldn't wait.

Will try the Single entry visa route; thanks for the suggestion

8 hours ago, teriyaki said:

Been living there for the last few years, pretty much all my life/friends etc is there.

Coming back to my country in these times wasn't really planned but had to be done and couldn't wait.

Will try the Single entry visa route; thanks for the suggestion

Good luck and let us know how it goes... it seems not all embassies dropped THB500k rule for SETV... USA, UK and some others did it, but NZ and few others did not (yet), not sure about Italy.

Archived