Best postal option for a light parcel to Europe

Virtualrecluse

I'm planning to send a light parcel i.e. around .5kg to Europe. What are my best options in terms of value-for-money, reliability etc.?  I don't know whether to go with Thai Post or a courier service. Since the contents are reading glasses worth around $3-400, who offers the best insurance?  Any special packaging instructions?

I ordered them before leaving in June and would obviously normally not do this but as I am unable to return for the time being...

Any advice much appreciated

Jiffy bag if they have a hard case, wrap the specs in tissue inside the case so they don't bang around too.

With no hard case a suitably sized cardboard box (the post office may have one the right size), bubble wrap and tissue too.

For something reasonably valuable needing tracking EMS is probably the best bet, send from your post office. The sender will need ID.

• Like 1

This a true example for you to ponder, I had to do a proof of life cert for the pensions people back in the UK, a normal DL envelope, Thai Post EMS over 900 baht, it took about 10 days.

I then sent a package to a friend in Germany. Just over half a kilo, DHL, 2000 Baht, there in 3 days, if I could have trimmed it down to under 500 grams it would have only been 1000 Baht.

DHL have an office on Pattaya Klang & will collect from you, they bring the packaging and documents to you, EMS, you go to them. Hope that helps ????

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

This a true example for you to ponder, I had to do a proof of life cert for the pensions people back in the UK, a normal DL envelope, Thai Post EMS over 900 baht, it took about 10 days.

I then sent a package to a friend in Germany. Just over half a kilo, DHL, 2000 Baht, there in 3 days, if I could have trimmed it down to under 500 grams it would have only been 1000 Baht.

DHL have an office on Pattaya Klang & will collect from you, they bring the packaging and documents to you, EMS, you go to them. Hope that helps ????

Kerry has now cooperation with DHL, so I guess you can drop off international shipments also at one of their shops

11 minutes ago, CLW said:

Kerry has now cooperation with DHL, so I guess you can drop off international shipments also at one of their shops

Sent a 1kg parcel to the UK last month, via EMS. Delivered to the UK address in 6 days. Unusually quick but always in same ball park.