Probe finds 5 suspected local-nominee business services for foreigners

webfact

1 hour ago, Bluedan said:

small businesses

That is the key word here and before certain people are going to express their joy over this(some did already)i a m going to say it will only be the big ones they are after.

Joe blow with his 2.5 million piece of property will be fine!

7 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Driving your own car with your company advertising and it is illegal for you as a foreigner to drive it. 

People dont believe me when I have told them about that, A guy I know here had his resort plastered all over his truck with no WP thinking because it's in his wife's name he was ok,

Years ago I do know of a guy that did actually get done for it,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Our governments and authorities don't have the minerals to implement reciprocal laws.

Totally spineless and inept.

The Thais are laughing! Well off Thais can do pretty much anything they want in Britain.

If they did it would probably contravene 'uman rights/equality laws.

After saying that, London's the money-laundering capital of the world!

• Like 2

Yes I am sure there are businesses walking on the edge of the law but right now those businesses are providing jobs for Thai people and Thailand needs paying jobs more than pics of the bib pointing fingers.

Take note of these businesses and pursue it when times are better for the PEOPLE of Thailand.

7 hours ago, quake said:

cue the next witch hunt, blame game 

Cue the scary music as our ace legal experts take the opportunity to try to spook all the owners of houses & condos who bought thru a company. Been awhile, so lots of pent-up demand for the fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not true. One company was prosecuted and banned, quickly replaced by others. It only caused a very temporary break to zero baht tours in Pattaya.

Nope. Not just companies, either. Pattaya's cesspoolians, notoriously near sighted on their bar stools or in shopping malls, see a tour bus and automatically think zero baht tour. The reason they were banned is that Thai operators hated them, rightly so, and squawked. So locals always do in other countries. They don't now in Thailand because there aren't any, basically. This has given rise to more "evidence" cited by our TAT: TVF that Thailand's tourist market is failing because more Chinese are going to VN (where zero dollar still exists, though endangered). 'Course, if more come here, that'd be failing also. I love this forum.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BigStar said:

None. Zero dollar tours were banned in 2016 and the ban has been enforced. The myth is parroted and kept alive on TVF, however, to bash Chinese.

You need to think outside of the box like always. Many still in business just now switched out. Buses given back that were seized.

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Nope. Not just companies, either. Pattaya's cesspoolians, notoriously near sighted on their bar stools or in shopping malls, see a tour bus and automatically think zero baht tour. The reason they were banned is that Thai operators hated them, rightly so, and squawked. So locals always do in other countries. They don't now in Thailand because there aren't any, basically.

Are you calling me a "Pattaya cesspoolian"? Thanks for that.

Before lockdown they were operating the same as before. Using the same Chinese controlled hotels, the same Chinese controlled restaurants with commissioned visits to King Power and the Gem shop. They continue unabated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You need to think outside of the box like always. Many still in business just now switched out. Buses given back that were seized.

There is a plot of land near me, its kind of out of the way off the beaten track were they built a big enough shed to park about 20 of them buses, they are still there never moved for ages obviously

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

There is a plot of land near me, its kind of out of the way off the beaten track were they built a big enough shed to park about 20 of them buses, they are still there never moved for ages obviously

Lots of spare land for such things in Pattaya, out at 3rd road & beyond.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

May be true but a friend with a company and work permit got a warning as only Thai can drive professionally. (he was alone in the van) 

My info is 100% correct mate.

Police are completely clueless when it comes to the actual laws.

If you work for that company it entitles you to drive a company vehicle, end of story. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Are you calling me a "Pattaya cesspoolian"? Thanks for that.

Before lockdown they were operating the same as before. Using the same Chinese controlled hotels, the same Chinese controlled restaurants with commissioned visits to King Power and the Gem shop. They continue unabated.

More classic TVF Economics, showing great shrewdness. Chinese are all over the place nowadays, as you'd know if you ever stepped away from Soi Buakhao. Tours from everywhere typically hit King Power etc. Doesn't at all mean they're zero dollar, which merely proves my point: our cesspoolians simply knee-jerk. Main point is that we don't like Chinese, so we're going to keep repeating nonsense. Reminds me of Trump Derangement Syndrome, actually.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not true. One company was prosecuted and banned, quickly replaced by others. It only caused a very temporary break to zero baht tours in Pattaya.

So it was banned to the point of prosecution?

• Like 1